Exchange programs offer students from a partner university the opportunity to continue their studies at Aix-Marseille University for one semester or one academic year. You attend your courses in Aix-Marseille University and pay the registration fees of your home university. In most cases, thanks to the transfer of the credits obtained, the courses taken allow you to obtain your diploma prepared at your home university.
Proposed training courses
Aix-Marseille University offers all levels of training from bac+2 to doctorate and state diploma in health, including engineering diplomas. Our university's training offer covers all fields of study:
Training in English
Some of our training courses are given in English. You can download the list here (list being updated).
Double diplomas and integrated courses
The double diploma allows students to obtain a diploma from each institution after full and mutual recognition of their educational path in the partner foreign university. Offshore training is a degree at the Bachelor's or Master's level from a French higher education institution and delivered on the premises of a foreign partner higher education institution, in accordance with the country's legislation.
Attention: If you wish to set up a double diploma or a relocation, you must contact the cooperation managers within the DRI and follow the Charter of Diplomas in International Partnership available on the Intranet by connecting you with your identifiers.
Conditions of eligibility
You must ensure that there is an agreement between your university and AMU, you must then follow the application procedure at your university. If you are selected, refer to the instructions given according to the AMU component and the program you are going to integrate.
Whatever your type of accommodation, it will be necessary to take out a "multi-risk home" insurance policy covering at least water damage and fire, with a company of your choice. You can also contact the student mutual societies: LMDE, MEP... Mutuals and banks will be present at the reception desk for international students.
Accommodation in university residence
This admission is NOT AUTOMATIC. It is carried out according to the capacity of the university residences managed by the CROUS. If you wish to be accommodated in a university residence, you must inform your AMU International Relations correspondent by specifying it on the online application form. Your request will be examined and you will be informed of the decision by e-mail in July for arrival in the 1st semester, and in December for arrival in the 2nd semester. We remind you that you are not authorized to contact the CROUS services directly, our Service remains your sole contact.
Case 1: Your request is accepted
You will receive an email from the INTERLOG web application on which you will have to register, make a request for accommodation and pay the requested deposit online for the reservation to be effective. Upon arrival in France, only students who have obtained university accommodation and received confirmation of their reservation by e-mail from INTERLOG may go directly to the university residence and receive the keys to their room. If you are assigned a room in a university residence, you undertake to:
Pay the rest of the half-yearly lump sum upon arrival.
- Reside in your university accommodation during the total period of your study period in Aix-Marseille University: in the event of early departure, you will not be reimbursed.
- Stay in your university accommodation only for the duration of your study period and not beyond. Any request for an extension of a student's stay does not automatically imply authorization to extend the student's stay in a university residence.
Case n°2: Your request is refused
It is then up to you to take the necessary steps to find accommodation in the city.
Housing in the city
You can find accommodation in the city through different sources available in it International Student Guide. We also suggest you to consult our partner STUDAPART through its online platform that allows you to:
- Finding/proposing a rental in France and abroad;
- Find your roommate(s) and train roommates in France and abroad;
- Finding/proposing a temporary room in France and abroad.
Visa and residence permit
À On arrival in France: VISA LONG STAY VISA is valid as a residence permit. As soon as you arrive in France, you must regularize your residence permit (maximum period of 2 months from your arrival in France). The services of the OFII (French Office of Immigration) will be available at the reception desks in Aix and Marseille (link to the home page). You must deposit:
- The OFII certificate application form, stamped by the French consular service and completed and signed by you;
- A copy of the pages of your passport showing your identity, your visa, the stamp of the date of your entry into French territory or the Schengen area.
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt from the OFII. You will then have to submit the following documents:
- Your passport;
- A copy of your proof of residence in France;
- A passport photo;
- The "OFII" stamp (58€) which you can buy on the website www.timbresofii.fr or from the tobacco shops or tax office.
The OFII will then affix a sticker to your passport attesting to the completion of all formalities. The number "AGDREF" will appear on this sticker valid as a temporary residence permit.
Funding and scholarships
To correctly follow the proposed trainings you must have a sufficient level of French to follow the courses (level B2 recommended). In order to facilitate your integration into AMU, FLE refresher courses are offered in the component that hosts you (intensive FLE courses before or during the course, different modalities depending on the components). Ask your AMU International Relations contact for more information.
Integration week: An integration week is organised for exchange students, offering 20 hours of French lessons (4 hours each morning). This week takes place before the start of the academic year in September.
Throughout your stay at AMU, you will benefit from the mentoring of the teacher in charge of the exchange: he or she will accompany you on a pedagogical level throughout your mobility. This way, your route will be perfectly supervised. Mentoring, which is different from and complementary to tutoring or sponsorship, is the support of one of our teachers responsible for the exchange. Throughout your mobility and your stay at AMU, the teacher will advise you, guide you and help you in your steps. Ask one of our International Relations offices for more information.
The International Relations Department of Aix-Marseille University has set up a Sponsorship Program. The principle is simple and makes it possible to put in contact an international student who came to study at Aix-Marseille University with a French student in order to facilitate his integration. The role of the sponsor will be to inform, guide and help the godchild make new friends. You remain totally free in the way you organize yourself. It is up to you to make this exchange as enriching as possible!
- Are you looking for a sponsor? Complete the "request a buddy" form
- Would you like to sponsor a student? Complete the "become a sponsor" form
Further information and contact
If you wish to come to an exchange program in one of the following components, click on the name of the component or contact the person in charge of the component.
- Faculty of Arts, Letters, Languages and Human Sciences (ALLSH)
- Faculty of Law and Political Science (FDSP)
- Institute of Public Management and Territorial Governance (IMPGT)
- Faculty of Economics and Management (FEG)
- Institute of Business Administration (IAE)
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- OSU Pythéas
- Faculty of Sports Sciences
- School of Journalism and Communication of Aix-Marseille (EJCAM)
contact Mrs. Fannie Coutier
- Faculty of Dentistry (FODON)
contact Mrs. Dalila Slama
- Faculty of Pharmacy (PHARM)
contact Mrs. Manon Bonifay
- University School of Maieutics (EU3M)
contact Mr. Jean-Michel Nouet
- IUT of Aix-Marseille
contact Mrs. Marie Tredy
You can also consult the guide for international students.
Welcome desk for boarding studentsionals
The University of Aix-Marseille organises a reception desk for international students at the beginning of each academic year.You will find information about:
- Residence permits (first application and renewal)
- Student mutual societies (social security for the 2nd and 3rd year, complementary health insurance, insurance)
- SIUMPPS - Interuniversity Service for Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion (health / prevention)
- The CROUS
- Studapart (accommodation excluding CROUS)
- SUAPS (university sport)
- Banks (account opening, student liability insurance, multi-risk home insurance)
- SNCF, RTM, Keolis (transport Aix-en-Provence and Marseille)
OFII files must be deposited at the counter.Passing through the ticket office is compulsory for all newcomer students outside Europe: for the 2019/2020 school year, the ticket office will be open from the end of August to the beginning of October 2019.
Places and times :
- in Aix en Provence: information to come
- in Marseille: Espace Pouillon Campus Marseille Centre, 3 place Victor Hugo - Site Saint-Charles
- hopening hours: from 9am to 4pm