Aix-Marseille University(AMU) is a public scientific, cultural and professional institution created by Decree No. 2011-1010 of August 24, 2011 establishing the University of Aix-Marseille, whose head office is located at Site du Pharo, 58 Boulevard Charles Livon, Marseille, 13007.
In its capacity as a personal data controller, AMU has chosen to limit as much as possible the use of your data during your navigation on the websites it administers. This principle of minimization is also used on the pages of its institutional site (www.univ-amu.fr) when they are accessible without identification.
In addition, its teams are currently working to ensure that all general-purpose web pages for the entire univ-amu.fr domain are managed in the same way.
As a result, the administration and management of the AMU websites involve the rare processing of personal data necessary for their proper functioning, for access to some of their specific functionalities, or for the use of possible third-party services (e.g. YouTube).
The legal and regulatory characteristics of this processing of personal data are as follows:
The sole purpose of the processing is:
- The management of the site's security (equipment and security logs);
- The preparation and publication of the contents;
- The technical administration of the site, possibly in connection with service providers (third party application maintenance, domain name registrar, certification authority, agendas);
- Putting contact forms and calls for contributions online;
- Subscription to AMU newsletters;
- Participation in events organized by or in cooperation with AMU;
- Requesting AMU services by creating tickets (requesting information, etc.);
- Operation of the "AMU Store".
As the processing operations are necessary for the performance of public interest missions conferred on AMU or relating to the exercise of public authority vested in the university, their legal basis is Article 6 (1) e of European Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR). - .
The main categories of data processed are as follows:
- Identity, functions, organization of attachment, contact information ;
- Data relating to navigation on the website (time stamps, IP address of users, technical data relating to the equipment and browser used by users) and on digital platforms via third-party media (cookies and other tracers);
- Data related to the management of user contacts (time-stamp and purpose of the request, follow-up, follow-up, statistics);
- Data related to the management of publications (object, deliverable, follow-up, statistics);
- Data related to the management of technical services (time-stamping and object of the requests, follow-up, follow-up given, statistics);
The source of the processed data is as follows:
- Staff of the institution in charge of the publication of the contents and the technical administration of the web site;
- Contributors to the publications;
- Users of websites administered by the university;
- Staff of the service providers directly concerned.
Compulsory nature of data collection and consequences in case of non-provision of data
The few personal data collected necessary for the proper functioning of the site and its management are collected in a mandatory manner.
The data collected during the use of online video services offered by third-party platforms are optional.
Automated decision making
No automated decision making is carried out.
The data processing concerns :
- University staff in charge of publishing content and technical administration of the website;
- AMU members and staff, as well as third parties and/or partners, identified in the publications;
- the staff of service providers directly concerned.
Recipients of processed data
Categories of recipients
Depending on their respective missions, the following are recipients of all or part of the data
- AMU staff in charge of publishing content and technical administration of the website, and their superiors;
- AMU staff in charge of processing requests received via forms or ticketing systems;
- The staff of the service providers concerned;
- Staff responsible for supervising the security of AMU's information systems.
Data transfers outside the EU
The site does not transfer data outside the EU, but publications may be accessible outside the European Union due to their presence on the Internet.
Retention period of the processed data
- Data relating to the preparation of publications (editorial content, requests, orders, follow-up) are kept for 5 years from the date of publication.
- Data relating to exchanges with service providers are kept either for 5 years or at the end of the contract concerned.
- Log data is kept for 6 months.
- The data necessary for the production of statistics on the audience and the use of online services are kept for 25 months in a format that does not allow the identification of persons by their IP address, and include an identifier kept for a maximum of 6 months unless the person concerned objects.
Security measures are implemented in accordance with the information systems security policy (PSSI) of Aix-Marseille University.
In particular, all data managed by the websites in the univ-amu.fr domain are hosted on servers owned, managed and located on AMU premises.
Your rights regarding your data
The law recognizes your right to access and obtain a copy of the data concerning you, the right to oppose the processing of this data, the right to have it rectified or deleted. You also have the right to limit the processing of your data.
If you dispute the accuracy of the data used by the university or object to your data being processed, the law allows AMU to verify or review your request as soon as possible. During this period, you may request that the institution freeze the use of your data. In the latter case, you should note that this may result in the freezing of the service associated with the offending data.
This policy may be updated from time to time. We invite you to regularly consult our website(https://www.univ-amu.fr) in order to be aware of the latest version in force.
Exercising your rights
AMU's Data Protection Officer (DPO) is your contact for any request to exercise your rights regarding the processing of personal data associated with the management of websites administered by AMU
- Contact the DPO by mail
The Data Protection Officer
Jardin du Pharo
58, bd Charles Livon
13284 Marseille Cedex 07
Complaint to the CNIL
If you believe, after having contacted us, that your rights on your data are not respected, you can address a complaint to the CNIL.