News from the ERC Club
1. Publication of the 2023 ERC calendar
|Starting Grant||Consolidator Grant||Advanced Grant||Synergy Grant||Proof of concept Grant|
2. Publication of the 2022 results
Following the publication of the first results of the call, the Aix-Marseille site is pleased to count
1 new ERC PoC laureate :
- Guillaume BAFFOU for the project MultiPhase
3. Plenary session of the CERCle with Maria Leptin
The 4th plenary session of the CERCle - the ERC Club of the Aix-Marseille site - was held on July 6 in thepresence of Maria Leptin, President of the European Research Council.
You can consult the presentation here.
4. Publication of the 2021 results
Following the publication of the results of the call, the Aix-Marseille site is happy to count:
4 new ERC StG laureates:
- Anabela BENSIMON BRITO for the CARDIOCALC project
- Thomas CHALK for the ForCry Dorothea project
- Tilman GRUNEWALD for the project TexTOM
- Dorothea VOM BRUCH for the ALPaCa project
5 new ERC CoG laureates:
- Raphaël BEUZART-PLESSIS for the RELANTRA project
- Sophie BONNET for the HOPE project
- Elodie CHOQUET for the ESCAPE project
- Alexis LICHT for the project DISPERSAL
- Benjamin MORILLON for the SPEEDY project
2 new ERC AdG laureates :
- Hervé RIGNEAULT for the SpeckleCARS project
- Livio De LUCA for the n-Dame_Heritage project
See thearticle for more details
CERCle's 2022 action plan :
- ERC Infoday - September 26, 2022
Program of the online Infoday on September 26 from 2:00 to 3:30 pm :
- 30min presentation of the ERC
- 15 min of questions and answers
- 20 min feedback from 2 ERC laureates
- 20 min of questions/answers
- Interviews with your Europe Unit and the ERC National Contact Point - as you go along
Exchange on your project, answers to questions. We insist on the importance of this interview, which will allow you to better understand the expectations of the ERC, while benefiting from individualized advice.
- Writing training workshops - November 18, 2022 for CoG, end of January for AdG
Training on the specificities of writing an ERC project, based on your ERC pre-project.
- Oral training - during 2023
Training to prepare the oral presentation. Training offered to all applicants selected for this exercise.
- Bibliometric studies - ongoing
In conjunction with the Bibliometric Officer in the Research and Development Department(email@example.com):
What is the ERC club - "Le CERCle"?
The European Research Council (or European Research Council, ERC) funds exploratory and risky research projects within the European Union. It is a "white science" program dedicated to research at the frontier of knowledge, whose sole selection criterion is scientific excellence.
On May 15, 2017, Aix-Marseille University and its partners, the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), the Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale (INSERM), the Institut pour la recherche et le développement (IRD) and the Commissariat à l'énergie atomique (CEA), officially launched the CERCle, Club des ERC joined in 2018 by Ecole Centrale. Their ambition is to encourage a shared site policy to support applications from teacher-researchers and researchers to the European Research Council (ERC) program, a strong marker of scientific excellence.
- Encourage (teacher-)researchers to apply to the ERC and create a dynamic.
- To improve the visibility of the scientific excellence of the site, reinforcing its attractiveness.
- Support the dynamics of the site to strengthen its position as a major European research cluster.
- To provide individualized coaching to all (teacher-)researchers submitting an ERC project with an Aix-Marseille research unit.
- To lead a strategic reflection to reinforce the participation of the teams in the ERC.
- Stimulate interactions between the teams of the site to participate in these programs.
Composition: The CERCle is composed of members attached to a research unit of the Aix-Marseille site and are :
- Recipients of a European Research Council (ERC) contract, completed or in progress.
- Current or former members of an ERC panel.
- 92 ERC projects on the site since the launch of the European Research Council (ERC) in 2007.
- 11 ERC projects in the Horizon Europe program
- 49 ERC projects in the Horizon 2020 program
- 32 ERC projects in the FP7 program
- 5 projects have benefited from an ERC Proof of Concept project in the H2020 program
- 9 panel members are from the site
CERCle's activities are supervised by a European Steering Committee led by AMU, which includes the operational units of CNRS, INSERM, IRD, CEA, Centrale Innovation and Protisvalor, AMU's research and development subsidiary.
An initiative of :
Leader of the CERCLE
Céline DAMON (Research and Development Department, AMU)
Tel : 04 91 39 65 72 - email : firstname.lastname@example.org
An initiative of :