French as a Foreign Language (FLE) courses of 30 hours per semester, for foreign students of Aix-Marseille Université and open to the public (face-to-face and distance learning).
These courses are open to all non-French speaking adults (students, employees or others) who hold at least the equivalent of a baccalaureate (high school diploma), as well as to all foreign students of AMU, through their home departments, their research laboratories, the Doctoral Training Department or the International Relations Department.
They take place at the rate of 3 hours per week over 10-week sessions (total: 30 hours, except for students on exchange programs), during the two semesters of the academic year.
COURSES OFFERED :
They concern four levels of French:
- Beginner (base A0 to A1)
- Elementary (A1 to A2)
- Intermediate (base A2 to B1)
- Advanced French (B1+ to B2+/C1/C2)
For each level, several options are available to the student, according to the predefined schedule (available at the beginning of each session, see "Documents to download" on the right of this page).
These courses are held in two ways:
- during the day in person: 1 session of 3 hours per week, from 9am to 12pm or from 1:30pm to 4:30pm;
- or in the evening at a distance: 2 sessions per week of 1h30 per evening, from 6pm to 7:30pm.
Face-to-face courses are held at the following university campuses:
AIX-EN-PROVENCE : Campus 29 Schuman (ALLSH). See the acces map
MARSEILLE: Campus 63 Canebière (SUL-CARLAM). See the Access map
Evening classes are held at a distance
- 1st session
- From October 3 to December 16, 2022*
- 2nd session
- From February 6 to April 21, 2023*
- INFORMATION :
- Download the detailed programme (schedule, rooms, etc.) from the "Documents to download" (on the right side of this page)
- 3rd session
- From May 9 to July 13, 2023*
* There are no classes during the university vacations (1 week per semester), nor on public holidays (see the SUL calendar)
2. Enrolment procedure
Registrations can be made directly at the SUL office or by contacting the office at Contact form (section "Cours FLE-AMU") and must be completed as soon as the course begins.
Documents to provide :
- the completed registration form (in "Documents to download" opposite)
- Passport or residence permit
- copy of the equivalent diploma of the baccalaureate.
Payment by check or bank transfer (see information on the 2nd page of the registration form).
- Individual fees: 375 €.
- AMU user fee: 300 €.
- AMU students on an exchange program with the DRI, those attached to a component (Faculty, Institute...), a research laboratory or the Doctoral Training Department, benefit from financial support provided they are registered by these different organizations.
Once registered, the student takes a test to determine the level that best suits him/her.
He/she then chooses the place and the hours of his/her teaching.
If the student attends all the courses, he/she can obtain 6 ECTS credits.
The students concerned by these credits are required to use the 7Speaking platform for 9 hours of self-study of FLE. The AMU Language Resource Center (SUL-CARLAM, 63 Canebière, Marseille 1er) is in charge of monitoring this learning process.
A certificate with the level "in progress" will be given on request.
Contact form (section "Cours FLE-AMU")
- SUL - FLE section (Aix Schuman)
29, avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
- Reception / student office 2.13 (2nd floor)
Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 23 or 14
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-12.30m and 1.30pm-4.30pm
Access map (how to come)
- SUL - Marseille centre (CARLAM)
63, la Canebière,
- Reception / student office (4th floor)
Tel. : +33 (0)4 13 55 00 80
Access map (how to come)