1. How to access the university's digital tools?
The digital tools offered by the University are grouped together in the Digital Working Environment, an online portal making all the tools accessible from a single connection. Login and password are the key to access these tools but also to connect to the wifi (wireless internet), to the computers of the university library... You can find them on your registration certificate which is essential to activate your account.
2. I have just registered at the university, I need help to understand how digital tools work, who can help me?
Your new university offers you a set of individualised digital tools / applications / services that you can access using your AMU identifiers: these numerous tools are essential to the smooth running of your university career. We offer to help you get started with them.
To do so, register now to Practicéa by clicking on this link. Practicéa will start at the beginning of the academic year.
3. Is there help on all the tools made available to us by AMU?
You can find at this address a help on the tools with, in particular, explanatory videos.
On AMeTICE, you can also register for this help course with the basics on the main tools of the university.
4. I was told I could download the Office suite but where do I find the download link?
By opening your ENT, in the basic tools, the AMU OFFICE icon opens the page to download Word, Excel, Powerpoint for free...
1. AMeTICE, what is it?
"Aix Marseille Enseignement avec les TICE" is an online teaching platform. On this platform, you will be able to find part or all of your courses, deepen your knowledge, self-evaluate yourself, give homework, ... Some teachers enrich their face-to-face courses with online resources and activities that can be of several types:
- Documents to download, listen to, or view
- Bibliography, webography
- Space for communication and exchanges on the course (Chat, Forum...)
- Self-assessment tests, continuous assessment, online assignment submission...
If you are following a distance learning course, your teachers, through the Centres for Distance Learning, SFAD in "Humanities" and CTES in "Science and Technology", but also other components of the university as well as Continuing Education, provide you with complete online courses with varied pedagogical resources.
- Courses to download
- Courses organized with resources and learning activities
- Resources to download, listen to, or view
- Bibliography, webography
- Various activities
- A space for communication and exchanges on the course with your teacher and between students (Chat, Forum...)
- A space for self-assessment and evaluation (online tests, continuous assessment, online homework submission...).
2. Is there online help on AMeTICE?
You can find at this address a help to get started with AMeTICE with, in particular, explanatory videos.
3. Are all my courses on AMeTICE?
- You are enrolled in a course at the University of Aix-Marseille and you come to attend classes, TD and TP on one of the sites of our university; putting content online on AMeTICE is not mandatory for teachers. You may not have any online content for your course!
- You are enrolled in a course at the University of Aix-Marseille but you are following the course at a distance without coming to attend all the courses, TD and TP; putting online courses on AMeTICE is not mandatory for teachers. So you will find all your courses on AMeTICE! Your teachers through the Distance Learning Centers, SFAD in "Humanities" and CTES in "Science and Technology", but also other components of the university as well as the Continuing Education, provide you with complete online courses with varied pedagogical resources.
3. How do I access AMeTICE?
4. I am a student at SFAD and cannot access my courses
For any question related to the SFAD's teachings, please contact the SFAD directly
5. I am a student at the CTES and cannot access my courses.
For any question relating to the lessons of the CTES, please contact the CTES directly
6. My "My courses" block is empty, is this normal?
It is possible that none of your teachers have created an online course. In this case, your "My courses" block will be empty. If a teacher has told you that there is a course available for you and you cannot find it in your "My lessons" block, contact us via online support to solve the problem.
7. "My page" indicates that I have tests to do, even though I have just answered them?
If the test is still open, even if you have answered it, it remains visible in "my page". Likewise, for a submitted assignment, if the teacher has not given a deadline for submission.
8. I need help, who do I contact?
Contact us via the online support; for a quick handling of your request, remember to mention your name, first name, student number, course followed, and describe your problem in detail.