Internationalisation is a major challenge as a vector of excellence for research, innovation and education. The development of targeted strategic and structuring partnerships in Europe and internationally, the strengthening of Mediterranean leadership, but also the international influence of the site's major projects are at the heart of the international ambition of the Aix-Marseille Initiative of Excellence.
What actions ?
Call for Proposals - International Category
The "International" calls for projects aim to encourage and support the development of strategic international collaborations - outside the Mediterranean area -. In 2018, the call for projects included targeted actions for the development of international summer schools and the internationalisation of the humanities.
Read more about it:
- A*Midex International Project - Start of the MITOMUTCHAGAS collaboration project by Christophe Chevillard between Aix-Marseille and the Université of Sao Paulo.
- A*Midex International Project - Looking back on the WITGAF 2019 Summer School on Fluid Mechanics supported by A*Midex.
- A*Midex International Project - Start of the AQUA-IGNIS collaboration project of Morteza Djamali with Iran and Italy.
- A*Midex International Project - Launch of "TAUFU" collaborative project, coordinated by Olivier Leroy, with China and CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research
- A*Midex International Project - Launch of TONGA collaborative project, coordinated by Sophie Bonnet, with a large network of international partners.
The "Mediterranean" calls for projects aim to strengthen Mediterranean collaborations with privileged partners and to develop knowledge of the Mediterranean.
Read more about it:
- A*Midex Mediterranean Project - Start of Régis Guieu's ADOSYN collaboration project with Spain and Italy.
- A*Midex Mediterranean Project - Start-up of Luca Pasquini's ENZIM-FC collaboration project with Italy.
International Structuring Equities
Asserting the Mediterranean leadership of the Aix-Marseille site
- Integration within two Mixed Units of French Institutes Abroad (UMIFRE)
The Aix-Marseille Université will soon become the third tutelage of the Institute for Research on the Contemporary Maghreb (IRMC) and the French Research Center of Jerusalem (CRFJ). This integration is supported by financial support from A*Midex. Consult the A*Midex 2019 Action.
- Collaboration with the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The A*Midex Foundation has supported collaboration with the Hebrew University of Jerusalem through the co-financing of four joint research projects in 2018.
- Support for the submission of projects in the framework of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership PRIMA
A*Midex wishes to encourage the formation of project teams and the submission of projects within the framework of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area. (PRIMA). The partnership aims to strengthen research and innovation capacities and develop joint knowledge and innovative solutions in targeted areas.
Supporting the European and international ambition of the Aix-Marseille site
- Le CERCLE Initiative - European Research Council Laureates' Club of the Aix-Marseille site
A*Midex contributes, in support of the partners of the Aix-Marseille site, to promoting a site policy to support applications from teacher-researchers and researchers to the ERC (European Research Council) programme, a strong marker of scientific excellence.
- The University of Aix-Marseille is under the supervision of International Joint Unit MultiScale Material Science for Energy and Environment (IEM2) with MIT and CNRS. This participation is supported by the Excellence Initiative.
Information on the UMI MSE2.
Project Officer, Attractiveness and Internationalisation
Tel : 04 86 13 61 45 - email : firstname.lastname@example.org