Positioned 114th in the Shanghai 2018 ranking, AMU is one of the top French universities in international rankings. It is positioned as an intensive research university that has forged privileged partnerships all over the world. Internationalization irrigates all of the institution's activities (research / training / cooperation / mobility) considered separately or in their interactions. The international dimension has become a key factor in its strategy and development.
The University's international research strategy is implemented through several types of actions :
- The development of institutional research cooperation
- Support to strengthen participation in European H2020 programmes
- Engagement in many other European and international programmes.
These actions are managed by the Research and Development Department (DRV) of the University.
The Aix-Marseille University Excellence Initiative also makes it possible to stimulate or develop some of these actions (for more information: see the international activities of the A*Midex University Foundation).
The development of institutional research cooperation
In terms of scientific cooperation, Aix-Marseille University confirms its international dimension, which is the joint result of the initiatives of its research units and the institutional actions it leads through the establishment of scientific partnerships that it supports (bilateral agreements, research MoU, consortium, etc.) or structured mechanisms with research organisations.
In the field of international institutional cooperation, AMU is committed to better coordinating its international actions with the major national research organizations (CNRS, INSERM, IRD...) with which it intends to conduct a more controlled site policy in identified regions, and more coherent with international partners.
In this context, the mandate of the Research and Development Department (DRV) is mainly structured around the following main missions:
- set up the scientific partnership agreements or conventions submitted by the research units aimed at formalizing and making visible their regular scientific collaborations
- to examine, in partnership with the EPST, agreements aimed at the creation of international units, laboratories or networks (UMI, LIA, LMI, IRN,...) which are increasingly intended to be in line with the scientific policy of Aix-Marseille University
- support research units in positioning themselves on international scientific cooperation mechanisms and tools aimed at initiating or developing scientific exchanges, in particular through bi or multi lateral PAAs (Hubert Curien Partnership, ECOS, COFECUB, CFQCU, Bio-Asia...).
Contact : Amira Khellaf, Directorate of Research and Valorisation (DRV) Steering of the International Research Cooperation
Active participation in the H2020 program
The teams at Aix-Marseille University have been actively involved in the European research and innovation programme "Horizon 2020" since its launch in 2014.
At the mid-point of the H2020 programme (2014-2017), AMU was involved in more than 50 projects, for a grant almost equivalent to the entire previous European Framework Programme (FP7, 2007-2013). In addition, AMU confirms its position as France's leading university in the H2020 "Health" programme.
AMU coordinates several collaborative projects including:
- Future and Emerging Technology project M-CUBE (MetaMaterials antenna for ultra-high field MRI)
- infrastructure project EVAg(European Virus Archive goes Global),
- Marie Sklodovska Curie COFUND program dedicated to doctoral students
The teams are mobilizing in the calls of the three pillars of Horizon 2020 and in all the themes.
- List of projects obtained from the participant portal
- Page dedicated to finanH2020 and Horizon Europe in AMU
A commitment to many European programs outside H2020 (ERDF, ERA NET,...) and international programs
European and international funding is at the heart of the strategy to be deployed in laboratories to enable ambitious research to be developed within AMU.
Between 2014 and 2018, over 200 European projects (excluding H2020) and international (International RDAs, Era-Net, Structural Funds, Life+ etc.) were monitored by the Research and Valorisation Department.
|Page dedicated to financements excluding H2020 and international: https://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/europe-hors-h2020-international|
Research and Development Department:
- Steering of the International Research Cooperation
Amira Khellaf - Tel: +33 (0)4 86 13 61 88
- Program H2020
Céline Damon - Tel:+33 (0)4 91 39 65 72
- European Business Managers (Excluding H2020)
- Magali Niox - Tel: +33 (0)4 13 55 55 34 50
- Sarah Jordan - Tel: +33 (0)4 91 39 39 66 79
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org