Institution fees, CVEC, Financial aid

Droits d'inscription, aide financière, cvec

1. The CVEC


2. Registration fees

- Rates and fees 2023/2024

- Differentiated fees for students from outside the European Union

The payment of differentiated registration fees by non-EU students has been in force since the start of the 2022/23 academic year. They must be paid each academic year at the time of administrative registration.
These fees amount to €2770 per year for a Bachelor's degree and €3770 per year for a Master's degree.
Partial exemption from the differentiated registration fees is available under certain conditions.

For more information on differential fees at AMU and the list of countries eligible for partial exemption, click here.

Who does this measure apply to? Read our FAQ on differential fees.

- Exchange students: you must pay your tuition fees at your home university.
Under certain conditions, you can apply for an individual fee waiver with your enrolling school, which will give you a file to return before October 26, 2023.

3. Accepted payment methods

"How do I pay my registration fees?
Payment is generally made online by credit card during the Administrative Registration process (IA Web), in a single payment or in three instalments for registrations over €2,500 (see Step 3).
Outside IA Web, you can pay by credit card, cheque (payable to the Aix-Marseille Université Accounting Officer) or bank transfer.
It is possible to set up a direct debit payment schedule for amounts over €1,000 (1st payment by check, credit card or bank transfer, followed by 2 direct debits).

The Crous grant allows you to be exempt from tuition fees, subject to income criteria.
If your application is under review, your tuition fee payment will be put on hold.
If your application is approved, you will automatically be exempt.

For alternating students, please contact your school (your registration will be put on hold for payment).


"I don't have a check or credit card". 
I can make a bank transfer by requesting the University's RIB from my Registrar. You can set up a payment schedule (see "How to pay your registration fees").
It is also possible to pay in cash if the amount is less than or equal to 300€. Please go to the Agence Comptable at the Palais du Pharo in Marseille. Contact your school, which will give you the procedure and a form to submit.


"I would like to request a refund of my tuition fees".
- if I cancel my administrative registration before September 1st. After this date, reimbursement is made subject to certain criteria and deadlines.
- in the event of a change of university: transfer out or transfer in. In both cases, the new university enrolls you on a fee-exempt basis, on production of a certificate of enrolment and the transfer form from the old university.
- other cases: late decision on scholarship or exemption after payment of tuition fees.

For further information, please contact your tuition department.


4. Scholarships and emergency assistance

To find out more

Useful links
Registration fees
Registration fees
scholarships/financial aid
Differentiated duties/partial duty relief
Individual exemption from registration fees