University degree course in French, full-time semester courses
The SUFLE becomes the SUL, the Service Universitaire des Langues, resulting from the merger between the SUFLE and the MIRREL.
More information soon and a new website under construction.
Presentation of the University Diploma of French Language and Culture (DU LCF)
The DU LCF is a full-time course. It takes place over one semester and leads to the University Diploma in French Language and Culture.
This diploma course at Université d'Aix-Marseille is intended for any non-French-speaking adult, from complete beginners to experienced users, who holds a high school graduation exam (diploma giving access to university) or any higher education diploma.
1. DU LCF Description
Diploma course: University Diploma in French Language and Culture
- From A1 to B2+/C1 (CECRL)
- 30 ECTS credits (European credits) per semester
- 18 or 20* hours of classes per week (language classes and thematic workshops**)
- 18-20 students per class with level-appropriate groups (initial placement test)
- Mandatory attendance
*Students who require 20 hours per week for their course of study have the option of enrolling in an additional workshop
The DU LCF courses take place on the Schuman campus (Aix-en-Provence) in a face-to-face setting.
Final registration must be completed no later than the week before the semester begins (before classes start).
The course is assessed under the full continuous assessment system.
For more details, see the study regulations in the documents to be downloaded.
IMPORTANT: In accordance with the law, only one copy of transcripts and diplomas may be issued. No duplicates (doubles) will be provided. In addition, final grades will not be available until after the deliberation panel (a certificate of attendance may be issued while waiting for the transcript).
2. Registration procedures
To register, please follow these steps:
- Download the registration form where the necessary supporting documents are indicated.
- Pay a deposit of 300 euros for pre-registration (non-refundable) by bank transfer, check, or credit card.
The final registration, with the payment of the totality of the registration fees, must be realized at the latest the second week from the beginning of the courses.
- Send documents and payment (or proof of transfer) to firstname.lastname@example.org or go directly to the SUL-Aix Schuman school office
pre-registration for the 2022-2023 year ended on June 13.
- Take the online written placement test (MANDATORY), sent directly from SUL's tuition department following pre-registration
- Take the oral placement test (by videoconference, with a SUL teacher)
- The final registration must be completed by 9 September 2022 at the latest:
Provide the missing documents (indicated on the registration form) and pay the remaining registration fee (see bank details "Coordonnées bancaires" in the documents to be downloaded on the right of this page)
- Consult your level group and class (a few days before classes start online or onsite) and choose the workshop(s) corresponding to the level indicated by following the WEB IP procedure (See the course news page for the procedure)
Caution : Be sure to respect the number of workshops to choose according to the level (A1, A2, etc.).
- From September 5 to December 16, 2022.
- Orientation Week: September 5-7
- Holiday October 31 to November 4
- From January 9 to April 21, 2023.
- Orientation week: January 9-13
- Holiday: February 20-24, 2023
All practical information about the start of the 1st or 2nd semester is on the DU course news (student list, schedules, etc.).
Schedules will only be available at the beginning of the semester via the course news page. and on the student portal (Digital Work Environment- ENT)
PLEASE NOTE: Schedules are subject to change, check rooms and times regularly.
5. Fees 2022/2023
- One semester: 1650 € (groups*: 1450 €)
- Academic year: 2800 € (groups*: 2500 €)
- Additional workshop per semester: 170 € (2h workshop) and 255 € (3h workshop)
*Group rates: Reduced rates for organizations (universities, agencies, companies ...) registering 10 people and more. Contact us in advance (see email address in the registration form).
NB. The prices listed above do not include the Civil Liability insurance, required to finalize your registration and obtain the student card.
6. Exemption Device
File-based waiver device (reserved for asylum seekers or refugees)
Asylum seekers/refugees can benefit from an exemption from registration fees, as a derogation, within the limit of 10% of the enrollment per semester (i.e., approximately thirty places) after the constitution of a dossier which will be examined by an evaluation committee.
The Asylum Seekers / Refugees Facility file is available in "Documents to download" (opposite).
PLEASE NOTE: Only one session per year for application submission is held. The deadline for applications is generally in June (June 3, 2022 for the 2022/2023 session).
Waiting for the next waiver session, you can check out this useful information page for refugee students (useful addresses and sites, housing, classes, etc...): https://padlet.com/Khatmars/hh0akvd3r10m
SUL - Site Aix - Schuman
29, avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
- Reception/student office 2.13 (2nd floor)
Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 23 or 32 14
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday
8am-12:15pm and 1:45pm-4:30pm
Contact Form (under "Cours annuels/semestriels")
Access Map (how to get here and maps of the campus)