AMeTICE (for Aix Marseille Enseignement avec les TICE) is AMU's pedagogical platform. Teachers can open classrooms there to deposit documents, communicate with students or propose online activities... Based on the free Moodle software, it provides a wide range of features, including monitoring and support for students, with online activities and evaluation.
Every year, we update the Moodle version to bring you the latest advances. This change takes place during the month of July. We also evolve the basic functionalities by adding extensions (plugin) that allow for example to add a type of question in tests or new activities such as crossword puzzles. AMeTICE follows the rhythm of the academic year: in May-June, the courses of the current year are duplicated in order to offer teachers the opportunity to work on a new version of their course for the following year. As soon as the academic year is over, you must close the courses for the year and open those for the following year to allow new students to access them.
- A course to help you get started with the platform is available. CIPE also offers many training courses on its use.
- To access AMeTICE, go to your ENT, then in the "Pedagogy" tab select "AMeTICE"
- To access the help, in AMeTICE, click on the link "Teachers : AMeTICE Help" from the main menu or click on the direct link to the help course.
- You can also download the simplified user manual or access the FAQ.
efoliAM is the ePorfolio platform of Aix-Marseille University based on the Mahara open source solution. It is a pedagogical tool complementary to AMeTICE and constitutes a learner-centred pedagogical platform that allows students to build their ePortfolio throughout their university education. The efoliAM platform provides you with functionalities for evaluating and monitoring learning from a perspective other than that proposed in AMeTICE: individualized and transversal monitoring, focused on the learner's path. This system thus encourages pedagogical innovation, and its use is particularly suitable for active teaching, project-based teaching and collaborative work. The eportfolio also provides good support for the creation of competence portfolios (VAE, C2i,...) and professional project files.
A course to help you get started with efoliAM is available. CIPE also offers training in its use. To access the course:
- Go to AMeTICE: go to your ENT, then in the "Pedagogy" tab select "AMeTICE"
- To access the help, in AMeTICE, on the home page, in the search field, type the name of the course "EfoliAM - eportfolio platform" or click on this direct link to the help course.
3. anti-plagiarism URKUND
The University of Aix-Marseille has implemented the URKUND plagiarism detection solution. This solution makes it possible to detect similarities between a document submitted to it and its internal document database. The latter consists of the main websites on the Internet (Wikipedia,...), documentary databases (Thesis Online,...) or documents already analysed previously by the university, such as students' theses from previous years.
The analysis by URKUND makes it possible to determine a percentage of similarities between the source document and the database. It is up to each teacher to decide whether or not this percentage represents plagiarism. In order to help students write their documents, the company developing the URKUND solution has provided us with a Manual describing what plagiarism is.
How to use anti-plagiarism in your teaching?
The use of this solution is possible according to the following methods: within a homework on AMeTICE, by sending an email or posting on the publisher's website:
- To use URKUND via AMeTICE: All you have to do is create a homework in a course on AMeTICE, activate anti plagiarism, then ask your students to submit their work to the homework. The submitted document will automatically be submitted to URKUND for detection and the result of the analysis will appear in the duty activity.
- To use URKUND by email or by posting on the site: Teachers must connect to the URKUND platform using their AMU IDs. The first connection will create an analysis account that will then be used to send student documents for analysis. The percentage of similarities detected will be consulted on the teacher's URKUND analysis account.
We have put in place a large number of documents on the use of anti plagiarism: how to use it via AMeTICE or by email, how to analyze its articles, how students should submit their documents for analysis,...
Click here to access the documentation and the URKUND service, access restricted to AMU staff.
For all questions
You can deposit a ticket in the assistance on the ENT: category CIPE category Anti plagiarism section URKUND
If not answered, contact URKUND support:
- by Mail (preferable): firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (answer in less than 24 hours from Monday to Friday)
- by phone: +33 (1) 84 88 36 36 36 (support open from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
The university has implemented a virtual classroom solution for distance learning as part of its digital master plan. This solution is based on the Adobe Connect tool installed on university servers. Contact us for access.
Centre d'Innovation Pédagogique et d'évaluation (CIPE)
Training in university pedagogy and digital tools
Events & Events (Conferences, colloquium,...) - CIPE meetings (Café'CIPE, Express'o CIPE)