As part of action area 2 "Training, attracting and supporting TALENTS" of its roadmap 3.0 (2021-2024), the A*Midex foundation is launching the 7th call for the "Chaire d'Excellence" program.
Through this program, A*Midex aims to recruit and promote the academic careers of internationally-renowned professors, lecturers and researchers, on structuring projects contributing to the strategy of the Aix-Marseille site.
General objectives of the Chaires d'Excellence program
- Enable the Aix-Marseille site to strategically recruit external scientific/educational profiles.
- Recruit high-level researchers or teacher-researchers on the Aix-Marseille site, with the potential to obtain an ERC on the Aix-Marseille site within the next 5 years.
- Attract and recruit ERC winners to the site.
- Amplify long-term impact by encouraging subsequent stabilization.
- Promote the academic careers of teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers with disabilities.
Who can apply?
The Chaire d'Excellence call for applications is aimed at teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers of international standing wishing to join the Aix-Marseille University research and teaching site. The program is open to all fields and disciplines. Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- PhD degree
- Minimum 4 years of research/teaching experience after obtaining the doctorate.
- Candidates from outside the Aix-Marseille site, with the exception of those applying for the "handicap" position.
- For candidates for an "ERC" Chair of Excellence, only candidates with an ERC grant will be eligible.
How to apply?
Applicants are encouraged to identify and contact the research units or structures with which they wish to collaborate before sending in their application (see complete information in the call for applications guide).
Submission of applications in the first stage via the online form, in accordance with the conditions defined in the call's guide for applicants.