Take our intensive French language and culture courses in Provence this summer!
The SUL organises every summer 2-week French language and culture courses; spread over 4 sessions, between May 30th and September 1st, 2023, for a total of 40 hours of training.
Placement tests (to harmonise language levels between groups) are organised before each session and are compulsory for new students. They are usually conducted online.
For more information on the language levels, see the downloadable file (opposite) "SUL_Référentiel des niveaux de langue A1 à B2".
Summer 2023 sessions
Summer 2023 sessions will be offered either on-site (face-to-face) or remotely (online).
A cultural outing is organised during the on-site sessions.
- 1st session: From May 30th to June 9th, 2023: Online
- Registration and payment deadline: April 14th
- 2nd session: From June 19th to June 30th, 2023: On-site
- Registration and payment deadline: May 5th
- 3rd session: From July 3rd to July 13th, 2023: On-site
- Registration and payment deadline: May 26th
- 4th session: From August 21st to September 1st, 2023: On-site
- Registration and payment deadline: June 16th
Schedules and registration details in the file to download (opposite) : "SUL_Stages été 2023 - Organisation".
Per course of 40 hours of French language training:
- Online course: 500€
- On-site course with cultural outing: 550€
Presentation of the summer courses: main principles
- The summer courses focus on the discovery of Provençal culture (songs, gastronomy, oenology, artistic heritage, writers and artists, summer events in the region, regional language, etc.), this point could be the subject of an exchange between the teachers.
- The program is based on 20 hours of classes per week, including a compulsory excursion on Wednesday. This outing will be the subject of class work (before and/or after), language activities on the day and an evaluation (and very demanding teamwork).
- For each session, the French language and culture courses are spread over two weeks, with approximately 4 hours of classes per day (see the schedules in the file "SUL_Stages été 2023 - Organisation").
- A course syllabus will be distributed to students. A transcript with a grade per competency will be obtained if students have been diligent. Attendance in all courses is mandatory for the transcript to be issued.
- There is currently no package including accommodation, but you will find some proposals in the file "SUL_Stages été 2023 - Informations générales".
More details and information in the files to download (opposite).
SUL - Pôle FLE (Aix - Schuman site)
29, avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
- Reception / student office 2.13(2nd floor)
Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 14 or 04 13 94 62 21
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm
Contact form (heading "Annual/semester courses FLE (DU)")
Access map(how to come)