Scientific integrity governs the researcher's activity through rules and values that guarantee his or her honesty and rigour. It is the basis of the contract between science and society. The Scientific Integrity Focal Point within AMU is the entry point for the academic community on any issue related to scientific integrity that will be treated in a strictly confidential manner.
Main missions of the Scientific Integrity Referent
- Assist the President of the University in all matters relating to scientific intégrité́ and the management of conflict of interest situations in the field of research and commercialization
- Monitor the implementation of a scientific integrity policy by the institution
- Collect all allegations of alleged breaches of integrity (plagiarism, fraud, falsification of data, concealment of conflicts of interest, disrespect for colleagues, collaborators or subjects of his experiences, etc.)
- Investigate complaints and conduct all necessary investigations to advise the decision of the President of the University
- Establish mediation for all conflict situations related to research activities reported to it
- Also ensure a mission to raise awareness of scientific integrity through training activities.
- Participate in the National Network of Scientific Integrity Leaders, which allows exchanges with other higher education and research institutions in France.
Professor Pierre Jean Weiller
- Email: email@example.com
- Paoli Calmettes Institute
- Referent Scientific integrity