Thanks to the RIS4CIVIS project, the Research and Innovation dimension of the CIVIS Alliance is being strengthened and will enrich the Training component already in place. The implementation of structuring actions developing networking between researchers, promoting a better knowledge of the research and innovation potential of our partners and supporting the submission of joint projects (in particular in the framework of Horizon Europe) works to strengthen the integration of our research teams at the level of the Alliance.
Key Research & Innovation events within the CIVIS Alliance in 2022
- 25 March 2022: RIS4CIVIS conference on the challenges of international cooperation in R&I, the experience of European universities
More info: https://civis.eu/fr/actualites/ris4civis-event-explores-cross-border-randi-in-the-european-universities-initiative
- 17-20 May 2022: Athens hosts the Global Civis Days
More info: https://civis.eu/fr/actualites/global-civis-days-2022-in-athens
- 17-21 October 2022: The research pillar of the CIVIS Alliance takes shape during a week of meetings and exchanges organised by Stockholm University
More info: https://civis.eu/fr/actualites/research-pillar-of-civis-alliance-takes-shape-at-the-ris4civis-week-in-stockholm
- 16 December 2022: RIS4CIVIS shares some initial proposals for policy action at European level
More info: https://civis.eu/fr/actualites/let-s-make-european-university-alliances-more-visible-in-research-networks-and-careers
Aix-Marseille University and its partners win the H2020 "SWAFS" call for projects: What is RIS4CIVIS?
With a duration of 3 years and a global budget of 2 million euros, this project aims to propose a common Research & Innovation strategy for the CIVIS Alliance which can be transposed to other European Alliances and which is based on 6 key themes at the European level:
- Module 1: Development of a common research and innovation strategy;
- Module 2: Sharing infrastructure;
- Module 3: Strengthening cooperation between universities and companies in Research and Innovation (R&I);
- Module 4: Strengthening human capital;
- Module 5: Mainstreaming Open Science;
- Module 6: Inclusion of citizens and society.
Aix-Marseille University is coordinating the whole project and is, in parallel, the leader of the workstream on the development of a common strategic agenda for research and innovation of CIVIS.
This project, by experimenting with concrete avenues of collaboration between the 9 universities on these themes, allows, among other things, to reinforce exchanges between teacher-researchers, to develop the sharing of our platforms and infrastructures, to reinforce our good practices in research and innovation and to set up pilot projects aiming to support common structuring actions.
What benefits for the AMU scientific community?
The objective of this pilot project is to develop a structuring framework for research/innovation that will foster new synergies within the Alliance and facilitate collaboration between member institutions through the development of innovative infrastructures and tools.
This strengthening of exchanges is illustrated in concrete terms by
- Increased and strengthened collaboration with Alliance partners,
- Exchanges of expertise and best practices in the areas identified as priorities by the Alliance,
- Pooling of resources and infrastructures,
- Facilitated mobility of researchers within the partner institutions,
- Greater visibility of research on a European scale,
- Easier access to European funding,
- The strengthening of links with the socio-economic world in each territory.
A few concrete initiatives
After taking stock of the situation in each partner university, and highlighting the strengths to be developed and the weaknesses to be strengthened, we identified common objectives to be achieved for the whole Alliance, in the six themes addressed, and roadmaps to achieve them jointly.
A first step in achieving these objectives was the implementation of pilot case studies to test (and subsequently validate) our strategy.
- Module 1: Development of a networking tool to identify research teams
- Module 2: Development of a visualisation tool for research platforms/infrastructures available within the Alliance;
- Module 3: Development of guidelines and training to implement an innovation strategy and a favourable environment for the development of start-ups;
- Module 4: Career support programme (training and mentoring) for early-stage researchers;
- Module 5: Database of good practices in open science;
- Module 6: database of experts and good practices in science communication and citizen science;
Cross-Module actions, favouring transdisciplinarity, are also encouraged:
- Setting up a catalogue of transferable training courses open to the entire CIVIS community
- Reflections on the reform of research evaluation in various fields (scientific communication, open science, etc.)
In addition, another H2020 programme has been launched to complement the research component of the Alliance, CIVIS3i, which aims to promote the attraction, mobility and training of post-doctoral fellows at the CIVIS level, through the launch of two calls for projects aimed at financing 32 fellowships of 24 months each, in all research fields.
For more information on this project, please refer to the dedicated page.
Head of the Europe Unit/DRV
Responsible for RIS4CIVIS WP4 "R&I strategy and institutional transformation model".
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
RIS4CIVIS Project Manager
Email : email@example.com
RIS4CIVIS Project Officer/ Modules
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org