Open 4 weeks at the beginning of the academic year between the end of August and the end of September, the Welcome Desk (guichet d'accueil in French) is the place where international students arriving in France can carry out or finalize their administrative procedures.
The Guichet d'Accueil: a helping hand with administrative formalities
The "Guichet d'Accueil" is the key moment not to be missed for any new student wishing to obtain personalized assistance with the administrative formalities required on arrival in France (accommodation, visa, insurance, etc.).
- Help with payment of the CVEC
- Open a bank account with Société Générale, BNP Paribas.
- Register on the Caisse Primaire d'Assurance Maladie(CPAM) website.
- Take out supplementary insurance for health, civil liability and comprehensive home insurance with: Heyme student mutual insurance company, MAIF or banks.
- Find out about transport options and sign up for student travel passes with: SNCF, Aix en Bus and RTM.
- Information on accommodation with our partners Studapart, Amastas and LogiFac by SMERRA.
- Assistance in obtaining housing allowance from the CAF (French social security office)
- Assistance in integrating into the local community with : Le Repère of Aix-en-Provence Town Hall, info jeunes PACA and AFEV
- Help in contacting various AMU internal and local services: SIUMPPS,SUAPS, DEVE/ Pôle Vie Etudiante/Handicap, CROUS...
- Dedicated support for non-EU students:
- Online procedures for visas and residence permits
- Appointments for: chest x-ray and medical consultation with SIUMPPS
LivinFrance: anticipate all the formalities!
Get a head start by logging on to the university's digital welcome platform: LivinFrance!
Create an account and benefit from personalized support by chat or telephone.
It's completely free, so log in now!