The South Region offers a funding scheme for doctoral students enabling them to access a three-year job for the completion of their doctoral thesis. This scheme, centred on economic development and support for employment, is strongly oriented towards projects conducted in partnership with companies and closely linked to strategic sectors.
1. Intervention framework
- The framework of intervention is determined by the call for projects that you will find opposite in the documents to download.
- Conditions The doctoral student, the final beneficiary of the funding, must meet the following criteria:
- Registering in a local institution for the preparation of your doctoral thesis
- Enrol in the first year of doctoral studies at the beginning of the academic year following the submission of the application form, which will have been deemed acceptable by the Region.
- Hold a Master 2 degree (or equivalent diploma / exemption procedure to be initiated in this case at the doctoral school) when registering for a doctorate.
- Be less than 30 years old at the date of foreclosure of the submission of files (second Friday of March each year).
2. Methods of file selection by the Region
This selection is made in two steps.
- The Region selects the projects led by a researcher, future thesis director.
- Aix-Marseille University proposes doctoral candidates for each of the projects selected by the region.
Your attention is drawn to the following points:
- Each project associates a student, a research laboratory and a socio-economic partner: during the thesis preparation period, an annual "company/laboratory/doctoral student" collaboration report is sent to the Region.
- Each doctoral student undertakes to carry out two missions of scientific culture representing a minimum investment of 10 hours each.
For more information, we invite you to contact the doctoral school corresponding to your discipline.