Presentation and objectives of the call for projects
In accordance with the new roadmap 3.0 of the A*MIDEX Excellence Initiative (2021-2024), the A*Midex Foundation is launching its fifth call for proposals for the Chairs of Excellence programme. The ambition of Aix-Marseille University and its partners, through this programme, is to attract to the Aix-Marseille site outstanding teachers, researchers and scholars of international standing, on structuring projects contributing to the strategy of the University and its partners.
The general objectives of the Chairs of Excellence are to
- To enable the Aix-Marseille site to carry out strategic recruitment of external scientific/educational profiles, capable of carrying out innovative projects (in research and teaching), to develop new themes, or to reinforce the excellence of the site in a given theme;
- To recruit excellent / high -level teachers, teacher-researchers and researcherson the Aix-Marseille site, with the capacity to obtain an ERC on the Aix-Marseille site within the next 5 years;
- Attract and recruit ERC laureates to the site (specific ERC laureate component)
- To amplify the long-term impact by encouraging subsequent stabilization. For teachers and researchers, this requires real integration from the outset, particularly through teaching, by ensuring that the project is owned by the component and the research unit, and by guaranteeing opportunities for stabilization before the end of the project or at the end of it. For researcher profiles, the research unit should provide support, particularly for EPST competitions.
- Promote the academic career of teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers with disabilities
Specific objective of the targeted call for proposals
To attract and retain new scientific and pedagogical talent, in line with the attractiveness strategies of the units and components.
The targeted call for proposals aims to attract exceptional teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers of international standing to units, components or schools (Centrale Marseille, Sciences-Po Aix) on the Aix-Marseille site
Who can apply?
Projects must be submitted by a director of a research unit at the Aix-Marseille University site, or a director of a research team at least; or a dean or director of a component or school (Centrale Marseille, Sciences-po Aix), or a director of a training department.
What does the Chair of Excellence program fund?
The Chairs of Excellence programme offers an attractive environment for carrying out a research and/or teaching project: this may include the salary of the project leader for three years (renewable for two years under certain conditions), and an environment (operation, payroll of a research team, investment) of up to €200,000/year ( or €150,000/year for ERC Chairs of Excellence).
How to apply?
Submission of applications in the first stage, including the CVs of identified potential candidates, on the online form according to the procedures defined in the call's framework text.
The full description of the scheme (objectives, procedures, timetable, selection stages, useful contacts) is specified in the framework text. This document, as well as the application forms, can be downloaded from this page (see top right)
For applications submitted directly by the candidates themselves, you can find the call for direct applications widely available on the pagehttps://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/chaires-dexcellence-2021-appel-candidatures-directes
Receipt of project applications in the first stage before 30 September 2021 at noon (Paris time ). (see the framework text for the different selection and recruitment stages)
Provisional start of the Chairs of Excellence projects targeted between October 2022 and March 2023
Receipt of applications for ERCprojects on an ongoing basis.
July 5, 2021 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Program: presentation of the call for projects and questions/answers
Prior registration to receive the connection link on thislink
Information Webinar Registration:https://formulaires.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/webinaire-information-lappel-chaires-dexcellence-2021-amidex
A*Midex Attractiveness Devices page: https://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/attractivite-talents
A*Midex page for direct applications :https://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/chaires-dexcellence-2021-appel-candidatures-directe
A*Midex page of previous years' winners: https://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/laureats-attractivite-talents
Project Manager, Attractiveness and Internationalization of the A*Midex Foundation
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 04 13 94 94 75
>> your questions will be answered before July 26th or after August 26th <<