The Festival of Europe comes back once again to AMU! Throughout May (known as the European Diversity Month), numerous events are organised in the southern region of France to allow the public to discover and appreciate different countries, their culture and their diversity. This year, Aix-Marseille University is joining forces with the City of Aix-en-Provence for this celebration which recalls the Schuman Declaration at the origin of Europe as we know it today.
AMU celebrates Europe
This year again, the Europe Day at Aix-Marseille University will be digital. The International Relations Office (IRO) and the Research and Development Department (DRV) of AMU have prepared a series of surprises for students and researchers.
On the menu of this new edition: a reflection on the European citizenship and its meaning, scientific stops open to all and a set of portraits, games and videos.
Students share their vision of the European citizenship
The students of Tübaix, the Franco-German program, share their vision of the European citizenship and interculturality. For the time of the video, they share their experiences and feelings.
What does European citizenship mean to you?
The scientific stopovers of AMU
On September 24, 2021 in Aix-en-Provence, the European Night of Researchers will explore the theme of travel. As a preview of this autumnal event and on the occasion of Europe Day, the scientific culture unit of Aix-Marseille University (Research and Development Department) invites you to experience a first scientific stopover...! Between friendly discussions, games and portraits of researchers, the whole month of May will be an opportunity to stroll around and discover the latest news on research in Europe.
These scientific stopovers invite you to explore research topics by discussing them with a scientist, in small groups, by video and in 15 minutes. At the sixteenth minute, another stopover with another scientist!
Using objects and images, the researchers talk about their daily lives, invite questions and lead participants into the heart of their research. For one hour, meet :
- Véronique Masotti, researcher at the Institut Méditerranée de Biodiversité et d'Ecologie - IMBE (AMU, CNRS, IRD, Université Avignon, OSU Pythéas)
- Louise Pichard-Bertaux, engineer at the Institut de Recherches Asiatiques - Irasia (AMU, CNRS)
- Léo Thiercelin, researcher at the Mechanics and Acoustics Laboratory - LMA (AMU, CNRS, École Centrale)
- David Zarzoso Fernandez, researcher at the Physics of Ion and Molecular Interactions Laboratory - PIIM (AMU, CNRS)
- Stéphanie Zugmeyer, researcher at the Institute for Research on Ancient Architecture - IRAA (AMU, CNRS, UPPA, Lyon 2)
- Adriana Barbacaru, researcher at the Centre for Magnetic Reasoning in Biology and Medicine - CRMBM (AMU, CNRS)
To live this experience, register here for free and come on board of this scientific stopover! See you on May 9, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Discover also the contents of the scientific culture cell's suitcase! Through portraits, games and videos, the work of researchers is revealed. Through their stories, their smiles and the sharing of their discoveries, these scientists pass on to us the research they are passionate about.