The mission of the International Relations Office (IRO) is to promote the European and international dimension of its training and research activities. This service is placed under the authority of the President and the Vice-President in charge of International Relations
The International Relations Office
Since its creation, Aix-Marseille University has expressed its desire to collaborate with the most prestigious universities on the international scene. International development and openness represent an important focus of the university governance.
The International Relations Office is the driving force behind this proactive and dynamic international policy.
By developing targeted, long-term partnerships of excellence and coordinating AMU's active participation in major European and international networks, the IRO strengthens the university's cultural and scientific influence throughout the world.
Key international figures :
- More than 10,000 international students welcomed each year
- 2000 students sent on outgoing mobility
- Nearly 350 partnership agreements signed
- Involvement in numerous networks and consortiums
- Coordination of the European University CIVIS bringing together 9 universities
AMU makes it a point of honour to provide high-quality, local support to its entire international community. Recognized at the national level for its involvement in welcoming international students, AMU has been awarded the Bienvenue en France two-star label since October 2019.
Missions and organization of the IRO
The International Relations Office is in charge of developing cooperation with foreign institutions and managing student and teacher mobility within the framework of inter-university agreements and exchange programmes.
It also ensures AMU's contribution to the various consortia and networks and coordinates its participation in major international calls for projects.
Finally, it contributes to strengthening AMU's international visibility and ensures the proper integration of all international users.
These major missions are reflected in the organization of the International Relations Office, which is divided into two levels: the central IRO and the IRO on campus.
The central IRO
The central IRO is responsible for steering, coordination, legal monitoring, engineering, programme management and financial management in four divisions:
- The Mobility Pole : pilots, accompanies and coordinates the incoming and outgoing mobility of students, teacher-researchers and staff, within the framework of the various international mobility programmes, and ensures the proper allocation of financial aid.
- The Cooperation Pole: develops, strengthens and supports university cooperation at the international level. It is the link between AMU and its international partners.
- The Strategic Projects and Networks Pole : coordinates the management and monitoring of international projects.
- The Welcome and Attractiveness Pole: implements strategies to strengthen AMU's visibility on the international scene. It is also responsible for developing the offer of accommodation for international students.
There are 4 IRO on campus:
Aix | Marseille Centre | Marseille Etoile | Marseille Luminy
They coordinate all the key stages of student mobility. They also act as an entry and orientation point for international users and the faculty.