9 Research Units of Aix-Marseille University are attached to the perimeter of ISFIN. The institute gathers researchers and teacher-researchers belonging to the following laboratories:
- Laboratory of Physics of Ionic and Molecular Interactions (PIIM, UMR 7345)
- Provence's Institut for Materials Microelectronics Nanoscience (IM2NP, UMR 7334)
- Mechanics and Acoustics Laboratory (LMA, UMR 7031)
- Mechanics, Modelling and Clean Processes Laboratory (M2P2, UMR 7340)
- University Institute of Industrial Thermal Systems (IUSTI, UMR 7343)
- Center for theorical Physics (CPT, UMR 7332)
- Marseille's Institut of Mathematics (I2M, UMR 7373)
- Mediterranean Sociology Laboratory (LAMES, UMR 7305)
- International, Comparative and European Law Laboratory (DICE, UMR 7318)
2 joint laboratories with the CEA and an associated international laboratory
- LIMMEX: Laboratory for Instrumentation and Measurements in Extreme Environments, attached to the IM2NP (AMU-CNRS-CEA) which was created in May 2010.
- MISTRAL: Laboratory Modeling, Inspection and characterization of materials and STRuctures for -Advanced Low carbon energies based on the LMA (MISTRAL, AMU-CNRS-ECM-CEA) which was created in January 2019.
Associated International Laboratory (LIA 336 CNRS) attached to the PIIM laboratory, in collaboration with 3 Japanese groups, respectively from : National Institute for Fusion Science (NIFS), Kyushu University and Osaka University.