Required documents

Throughout your installation in France, you will have a multitude of administrative files to fill out and complete. The process is long and tedious, but if you are well organized, you will be successful. We recommend that you keep photocopies of the following documents with you as well as scans saved on a USB key.

At all times, carry a valid passport or national ID card for the duration of the stay.

Before you arrive in France, make several copies of:

  • First page of passport showing your identity
  • .
  • Page of the long-stay visa (VLS-TS) or copy of the regular residence permit
  • Page of passport indicating date of arrival in France
  • Full copy of birth certificate or birth certificate extract issued by the consulate or family booklet or marriage certificate
  • NB: sworn translation required for non-EU/EEA countries
  • A proof of residence in France (or address of temporary residence in France)
  • The diplomas obtained in the country of origin
  • The transcript of grades obtained by subject during the last two years of schooling
  • Certificate of pre-registration or registration in our university
  • Certificate of payment or exemption from the CVEC
  • Certificate of civil liability covering the student for the year 2021-2022
  • For European students: the European Health Insurance Card
  • .
  • The certification of the expected level of French
  • .
  • Statement of Bank Account (RIB)

Once in France:

  • Proof of administrative registration at the university or student card
  • .
  • Rental contract (lease)
  • If your landlord is a real estate agency, a company, a social organization: organization's SIRET number
  • Amount of income for the last 2 years
  • Proof of address
  • A letter from your guarantor, his/her ID, his/her last 3 pay slips, his/her last income tax form

Also required:

  • 1 email address
  • 1 bank card to pay the residence permit tax and CVEC
  • 10 passport photos in 35 mm wide, 45 mm high format taken at a professional or in a photo booth
Required documents
Coming to France
Administrative procedures
international mobility