The Institut Cancer et Immunologie (ICI) offers Master and PhD students the opportunity to follow a mixed international mobility program on the theme "Technical innovations in basic and translational research: Applications to immunology-oncology (IO)" within the universities of the CIVIS alliance. A virtual mobility in the form of e-learning (webinars and videos) and a physical mobility of 5 days in high-tech scientific platforms, will allow students to discover or deepen their skills in Immuno-Oncology.
The virtual mobility is accessible to all students, Masters and PhD, the physical mobility on scientific and technical platforms is reserved for Masters students.
First joint mobility program in immunology-oncology of the Institute of Cancer and Immunology within CIVIS, the European civic universities.
Technical innovations in basic and translational research
Applications in Immunology-Oncology
September 2021 to June 2022, interdisciplinary, asynchronous and multi-campus
The fundamental objective of the proposed program is to prepare future scientists and physicians for major developments in current concepts in the field of immuno-oncology by approaching the issues from a technical perspective. Thus, the teaching will focus on technical applications in fundamental, translational and clinical immuno-oncology, through a mixed mobility curriculum. The first component will be a virtual component with 5 courses as illustrated in the following diagram.
The courses contain digital vignettes of approximately 60 minutes each as follows:
1) Cytometry (mass, flow and spectral)
3) Genomics (CRSPR, RNAseq and TCRseq):
Students will be provided with the theoretical and technical basis to understand the functioning of these innovative technologies, as well as the applications to the exploration of anti-tumor immunity in aspects ranging from basic research to clinical approaches. The critical step of data analysis using machine learning algorithms will also be addressed in the different themes.
The second component will be a 5-day short-term mobility exchange within the scientific platforms The second component will be a 5-day short-term mobility exchange within the CIVIS immunology-oncology network as illustrated in the following diagram.
This component will allow students to experience in practice what they have learned in the virtual component. Based on a detailed application form, they will be directed to a platform that matches their selection parameters. We do not anticipate any flow problems (e.g. students cannot find the platforms) as there are a variety of platforms with overlapping technologies.
Registrations are closed since September 30, 2021
- Anne-Sophie Chrétien, Aix-Marseille University (AMU), Institut Paoli Calmettes (IPC), Institute of Cancer and Immunology (ICI), Marseille Faculty of Medicine, Marseille Cancer Research Center (CRCM)
- Marie-dominique Franco, Project Manager, Institute of Cancer and Immunology (ICI, AMU)
- Luminita Marutescu, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Biology, Department of Biotechnology and Renewable Resources, Systems Biology and Ecology Research Platform
- Catalina Ribas and María Yánez Mo, Autonomous University of Madrid, Faculty of Science, Department of Molecular Biology.
- Loretta Tuosto, Sapienza Università di Roma, Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences, Charles Darwin Biology and Biotechnology Department (BBCD)
- David Vermijlen, ULB Center for Research in Immunology (U-CRI), Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacotherapy and Pharmacy and Center for Research in Immunology
CIVIS is a European civic university formed by the alliance of nine of Europe's leading higher education research institutions: Aix-Marseille University, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Universitatea din București, Université libre de Bruxelles, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Sapienza Università di Roma, Stockholm University, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen and the University of Glasgow.
It brings together a community of over 384,000 students and 55,000 staff, including 30,000 academics and researchers.
Partner universities of the 1st international mobility programme with Aix-Marseille University :
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens(Athens, Greece)
- Sapienza Università di Roma (Rome, Italy)
- Stockholm University (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Tübingen University (Tübingen, Germany)
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels, Belgium)
- University of Bucharest (Bucharest, Romania)
- University of Glasgow(Glasgow, UK)
Registrations are closed since September 30, 2021 Registration form
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Module Cytometry (mass, flow and spectral) Roberto Spada Fluidigm, Spain
Module Organoids and in vivo models Maxime Mahé, University of Nantes, France Federico Mayor Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Module Genomics (CRISPR, RNAseq, scRNAseq and TCR Seq)
Module Proteomics Isabelle Fournier University of Lille, France
Module Microscopy-imaging Francisco Sanchez-Madrid, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain