The Institute of Cancer and Immunology (ICI) offers to Master and PhD students the opportunity to follow a mixed international mobility program on the theme of "Technical innovations in basic and translational research: Applications to Immunology-Oncology (IO)" within the universities of the CIVIS alliance. Both virtual mobility in the form of e-learning (webinars and videos) and 5-days physical mobility in high-tech scientific platforms, will allow students to discover or to deepen their skills in Immuno-Oncology.
First Institut Cancer et Immunologie Blended Mobility Program in Immunology-Oncology within CIVIS, the European Civic Universities.
Technical innovations in basic and translational research
Applications to Immunology-Oncology
June 2021 to June 2022, interdisciplinary, asynchronous and multi-campus
The fundamental objective of the proposed program is to prepare future scientifists and medical doctors for the major evolutions of current concepts in the field of immuno-oncology by approaching the questions from a technical perspective. Thus, the teaching will be focused on technical applications in fundamental, translational and clinical immuno-oncology, through a blended mobility curriculum. The first component will be a virtual component with 5 courses as illustredin the following diagram.
The courses countain digital capsules of about 60 minutes each as fallow:
1) Cytometry (mass, flow and spectral)
3) Genomics (CRSPR, RNAseq and TCRseq)
Students will receive the technical theoretical bases enabling them to understand the functioning of these innovative technologies, as well as the applications to the exploration of anti-tumor immunity in aspects ranging from the fundamental research to the clinical approaches. The critical step of data analysis using machine learning algorithms will also be addressed in the different themes.
The second component will be a short-term mobility exchange of 5 days within the scientific platforms of the CIVIS immunology-oncology network as illustrated in the following diagram.
This component will allow students to practically experience what was learned in the virtual component. Based on a detailed application form, they will be oriented to a platform that matches their selection parameters. We do not anticipate any flow problems (e.g. students not being able to find platforms) as there are a diversity of platforms with overlapping technology.
Coming soon !
- Housing will be provided at the Crous on the Aix-Marseille Université site.
- Dining will be provided by the Crous.
- Anne-Sophie Chrétien, Aix-Marseille Université (AMU), Institut Paoli Calmettes (IPC), Institut Cancer et Immunology (ICI), Faculté de Médecine de Marseille, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Marseille (CRCM)
- Marie-dominique Franco, Project Manager, Institute of Cancer and Immunology (ICI, AMU)
- Luminita Marutescu, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Biology, Department of Biotechnology and Renewable Resources, Research Platform in Biology and Systems Ecology
- Catalinai Ribas and María Yánez Mo Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Molecular Biology
- Loretta Tuosto, Sapienza Università di Roma, Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences, Department of Biology and Biotechnology Charles Darwin (BBCD)
- David Vermijlen, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Pharmacy Faculty, Department of Pharmacotherapy and Pharmaceutics and UBL Center for Research in Immunology
CIVIS is a European civic university formed by the alliance of nine of Europe's leading higher education research institutions: Aix-Marseille Université, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Universitatea din București, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Sapienza Università di Roma, Stockholm University, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen and the University of Glasgow.
It brings together a community of over 384,000 students and 55,000 staff, including 30,000 academics and researchers.
Partner universities of the 1st international mobility programme with Aix-Marseille Université :
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Athens, Greece)
- Sapienza Università di Roma ( Rome, Italy)
- Stockholm University (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Tübingen University (Tübingen, Germany)
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels, Belgium)
- University of Bucharest (Bucharest, Romania)
- University of Glasgow (Glasgow, UK)
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Module Cytometry (mass, flow and spectral) Roberto Spada Fluidigm, Spain
Module Organoids and in vivo models Maxime Mahé, University of Nantes, France Federico Mayor Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Module Genomics (CRISPR, RNAseq, scRNAseq and TCR Seq)
Module Proteomics Isabelle Fournier University of Lille, France
Module Microscopy-imaging Francisco Sanchez-Madrid, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain