Exchange programs offer the opportunity for students from a partner university to continue their studies at Aix-Marseille University for a semester or an academic year. You follow your courses at Aix-Marseille University and pay the registration fees of your home university. In the majority of cases, thanks to the transfer of the credits obtained, the courses taken allow you to obtain your degree prepared at your home university.
Courses on offer
Aix-Marseille University offers all levels of education from Bac+2 to doctorate and state diploma in health, through engineering degrees. Our university's training offer covers all disciplinary fields:
Training in English
Some of our training courses are given in English.
- You can download the list here (currently being updated).
Double degrees and integrated courses
The double degree allows students to obtain a diploma from each establishment after full and mutual recognition of their educational background in the partner foreign university. The delocalized training is a Bachelor's or Master's level diploma accredited by a French higher education institution and delivered on the premises of a foreign partner higher education institution, in compliance with the country's legislation.
Attention: If you wish to set up a double diploma or relocation, you must contact the cooperation managers within the DRI and follow the Charter of Diplomas in International Partnership available on the Intranet by logging in with your identifiers.
Make sure that there is an agreement between your university and AMU, then follow the application procedure at your university. If you are selected, please refer to the instructions following the AMU component and the program you will be joining.
Whatever your type of accommodation, it will be necessary to take out a "multi-risk home insurance" policy covering at least water damage and fire, with a company of your choice. You can also contact student mutual insurance companies: LMDE, MEP... Mutual insurance companies and banks will be present at the reception desk for international students.
Accommodation in a university residence
This admission is NOT AUTOMATIC. It is based on the capacity of the university residences which are managed by the CROUS. If you wish to be accommodated in a university residence, you must inform your AMU International Relations correspondent by specifying this on the online application form. Your application will be examined and you will be informed of the decision by e-mail in July for an arrival in the 1st semester, and in December for an arrival in the 2nd semester. We remind you that you are not authorised to contact the CROUS services directly, our Service remains your sole interlocutor.
Case 1: Your application is accepted
You will receive an e-mail from the INTERLOG web application where you will have to register, apply for accommodation and pay the deposit online to make the reservation. On arrival in France, only students who have obtained university accommodation and have received confirmation of this reservation by e-mail from INTERLOG will be able to go directly to the university residence and receive the keys to their room. If you are allocated a room in a hall of residence, you agree to :
Upon arrival, you must pay the remainder of the half-yearly lump sum.
- Reside in your university accommodation for the entire period of your study stay at Aix-Marseille University: in the event of early departure, you will not be reimbursed.
- Remain in your university accommodation only for the duration of your study period and not beyond. Any application for an extension of a study period does not automatically imply permission to extend one's stay in the hall of residence.
Case n°2 : Your application is refused
It is then up to you to take the necessary steps to find accommodation in town.
Housing in the city
You can find accommodation in the city through different sources available in the International Student Guide. We also propose you to consult our partner STUDAPART through its online platform that allows you to :
- Find/propose a rental in France and abroad ;
- Find your roommate(s) and form roommates in France and abroad ;
- Find/propose a temporary room in France and abroad.
Visa and residence permit
À On arrival in France: LONG STAY VISA as a residence permit. You must, as soon as you arrive in France, regularize your residence permit (maximum delay of 2 months from your arrival in France). The services of the OFII (French Immigration Office) will be present at the reception counters in Aix and Marseille. (link to home page). You must file :
- The application form for an OFII certificate, stamped by the French consular service and which you will have completed and signed ;
- A copy of the pages of your passport showing your identity, your visa, the stamp of the date of your entry on the French territory or in the Schengen area.
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt from the OFII. You will then be required to submit the following documents:
- Your passport ;
- A copy of your proof of residence in France;
- A passport photo;
- The "OFII" stamp (58€) which you can buy on the website www.timbresofii.fr or from the tobacconist's or tax offices.
The OFII will then affix a sticker to your passport certifying that all formalities have been completed. The "AGDREF" number will appear on this sticker. valid as a temporary residence permit.
Funding and scholarships
In order to follow the proposed courses correctly you must have a sufficient level of French to follow the courses (level B2 recommended). In order to facilitate your integration into AMU, FLE refresher courses are offered in the component that welcomes you (intensive FLE courses before or during the course, different modalities according to the component). Please contact your contact at AMU International Relations for more information.
Integration week : An integration week is organized for exchange students, offering 20 hours of French classes (4 hours each morning). This week takes place before the start of the academic year in September.
Throughout your stay at AMU you will benefit from the mentoring of the teacher in charge of the exchange, who will accompany you pedagogically throughout your mobility. This way, your course will be perfectly supervised. Mentoring, which is different and complementary to tutoring or sponsorship, is the accompaniment by one of our exchange teachers. Throughout your mobility and your stay at AMU, the teacher will advise you, guide you and help you in your steps. Please contact one of our International Relations offices for more information.
The International Relations Department of Aix-Marseille University has set up a Sponsorship program. The principle is simple and allows to put an international student who comes to study at Aix-Marseille University in contact with a French student in order to facilitate his integration. The role of the sponsor will be to inform his/her godchild, to guide him/her, and to help him/her make new friends. You remain totally free in the way you organize yourself. It is up to you to make this exchange as enriching as possible!
- Are you looking for a sponsor? Fill in the form "request a buddy".
- Would you like to sponsor a student? Fill in the "become a sponsor" form
Further information and contact
If you would like to come on an exchange program in one of the following components, click on the name of the component or contact the person in charge of the component.
- Faculty of Arts, Letters, Languages and Human Sciences (ALLSH)
- Faculty of Law and Political Science (FDSP)
- Institute of Public Management and Territorial Governance (IMPGT)
- Faculty of Economics and Management (FEG)
- Institute of Business Administration (IAE)
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- OSU Pytheas
- Faculty of Sport Sciences
- École de Journalisme et de Communication d'Aix-Marseille (EJCAM)
contact Ms. Fannie Coutier
- Faculty of Odontology (FODON)
contact Mrs. Dalila Slama
- Faculty of Pharmacy (PHARM)
contact Mrs Manon Bonifay
- University School of Maieutics (EU3M)
contact Mr. Jean-Michel Nouet
- IUT of Aix-Marseille
contact Mrs Marie Tredy
You can also consult the International Student Guide.
Welcome desk for boarding studentsionaux
At the beginning of each academic year, the University of Aix-Marseille organizes a welcome desk for international students.You will find there information concerning :
- Residence permits (first application and renewal)
- Student mutual insurance companies (social security for the 2nd and 3rd year, complementary health, insurance)
- The SIUMPPS - Interuniversity Service of Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion (health / prevention)
- The CROUS
- Studapart (accommodation outside CROUS)
- SUAPS (university sports)
- Banks (opening of account, student liability insurance, multi-risk housing insurance)
- SNCF, RTM, Keolis (Aix-en-Provence and Marseille transport)
OFII files must be deposited at the counter.It is obligatory for all newcomer students from outside Europe to pass through the desk.
The Welcome Desk will be open from August 31st until the September 25th.
Place and time:
- in Aix en Provence : Campus Aix-en-Provence, Site Schuman, espace « Le Cube », 29 avenue Robert Schuman
- in Marseille: Campus Marseille-Centre, Site Saint-Charles, « Espace Pouillon », 3 place Victor Hugo
- hopening hours: from 9h to 16h