Each year, a series of welcome activities are planned for international students to better integrate among AMU students and life on campuses.
The mobility manager: your main contact
Whether it is before your arrival in France or once you arrive at AMU, the mobility manager on your campus should be your privileged interlocutor. The mobility manager will be able to provide you with information or direct you to the person or department that has answers to your questions.
Find the directory of student mobility contacts here
At the beginning of each academic year, the DRI organises an integration week for all international students admitted to an exchange programme. This is a unique opportunity to explore your new university and your new city. It is a perfect way to socialise and meet new people! The program varies from year to year but generally takes place as it follows:
|MONDAY||FLE courses||Presentation University|
|TUESDAY||FLE courses||Visit Aix-en-Provence|
|WEDNESDAY||FLE courses||Visit Marseille|
|THURSDAY||FLE courses||Sporting activities|
|FRIDAY||FLE courses||Excursion in PACA (Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur)|
Parallel to the integration week, two welcome evenings are usually organised: one in Aix-en-Provence and one in Marseille. Each evening is opened with a welcome speech by the President of the University and the Vice-President for International Relations. Each evening is warmly welcomed with a buffet and music.
The dates, places and times will be communicated to you for the start of the school year 2020/2021.
International student Welcome Desk
A Welcome Desk is also organised for international students. The welcome desk is the place where international students arriving in France can carry out or finalise their administrative procedures:
- Residence permits (first application and renewal procedures)
- Health (social security, supplementary health insurance)
- The SIUMPPS - Inter-University Service for Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion
- Accommodation: CROUS and Studapart
- SUAPS (university sports)
- Banks (opening of an account, student liability insurance, comprehensive home insurance)
- SNCF, RTM, Keolis (Aix-en-Provence and Marseille transportation)
It is compulsory for all newcomer students from outside Europe to come to the international student Welcome Desk.
Places and times :
- Aix-en-Provence: South Schuman Site, Le Cube Building, 29 av. Robert Schuman
- Marseille : Campus Marseille Centre, Site Sainte Charles, Espace Pouillon, 3 place Victor Hugo
- Opening hours: from 9am to 4pm
LivinFrance, the digital welcome platform
Aix-Marseille University has set up a device to help you prepare for your departure with the launch of LivinFrance, a digital platform on which you will find a set of useful and practical information. You will be able to benefit from a tailored and individualised support by chat, telephone or WhatsApp:
- Create an account and login here
- If you wish, make an appointment by phone or WhatsApp with one of the helpers
- Read all the information and carry out some of your procedures online before your arrival in France.
- While you are logged in, you will have the possibility to ask your questions via Chat, WhatsApp or phone.
This service is multilingual (French, English, Spanish...), don't hesitate to use it, it's completely free!