New Items: Europe/H2020 at AMU
1. The site's teams are successfull at the European level to get their projects against Coronavirus selected, with a total of 6 granted under Horizon 2020
- Cordial-S: "Portable and fast surface plasmon resonance point-of-care test for COVID-19", Collaborative project involving Alain Roussel (AFMB)
AMU is participating in two projects launched by the Joint Technology Initiative "Innovative Medicine" (IMI JU) dedicated to the development of diagnostics and therapies against COVID-19 (see the call website and the IMI press release) out of the 8 selected projects:
- KRONO: "Evaluation of a production ready portable, Point-of-Nedd Platform (instrument and reagents), direct from nasal swab test for the molecular diagnostic detection of COVID-19 infection", Collaborative project coordinated by Rémi Charrel (UVE)
- CARE: "Coron Accelerated R&D in Europe", collaborative project involving Bruno Canard (AFMB).
The site's teams are also involved in three of the 17 projects selected in the 'Coronavirus' first call, launched in response tby the European Commission:
- SCORE: "Swift COronavirus therapeutic REsponse", Collaborative Research Project of the Health Challenge, Bruno Canard (AFMB).
CONVAT :In "Combating 2019-nCoV: Advanced Nanobiosensing platforms for POC global diagnostics and surveillance". In "Combating 2019-nCoV: Advanced Nanobiosensing platforms for POC global diagnostics and surveillance", Rémi Charrel and Bruno Coutard (UVE).
- RiPCoN: "Rapidinteractionprofilingof2019-nCoVfornetwork-baseddeepdrug-repurposelearning", Collaborative research project of the "Health" Challenge, Christian Brun (TAGC) - Managed by INSERM
The European Commission published a summary of the projects supported since H2020 related to the epidemic burden. In particular, three projects are carried out by the UVE team: the project The European Virus Archive - GLOBAL (EVA-GLOBAL) coordinated by this laboratory and the two projects in partnership. PREPARE and ZAPI.
Reminder: The EC has created a page dedicated to Coronavirus news on the Funding Portal - the European Research Area (ERA) Corona Platform
2. H2020 results in 2020
AMU increases its participation in the H2020 projects in this last year of the framework programme.
More than 20 projects have been accepted since the Jeanuary 2020, including four new projects coordinated by an AMU team:
- Coordination of RIS4CIVIS, the Research & Innovation project funded by H2020 linked to the of the European CIVIS Alliance, run by the Research and Development Direction (Philippe Delaporte)
See the dedicated article on the AMU website and the related Press Release.
- An ERC Proof of Concept Project "CONECTIF" for ERC laureate Adam Williamson (INS)
- Three Health Challenge projects on CORONAVIRUS (Call 1 and 2): SCORE (AFMB), CONVAT (UVE) and Cordial-S (AFMB) and two IMI projects on the CORONAVIRUS: project coordination KRONO (UVE) and CARE (AFMB)
- Four Marie Sklodovka Curie (ETN) Doctoral Network projects, including one project coordinated by AMU:
- IN2PrimatBrainsThe workshop was coordinated by Bjork Kilavik and Thomas Brochier (INT).
- REPAIRS, carried by Reinoud Bootsma, ISM and with the participation of Thierry Chaminade, INT.
- COPERMIX, worn by Bloën Metzger (IUSTI)
- ASTROTECH, worn by Christophe Bernard (INS)
- VPP4ISLANDS: Energy Challenge Collaborative Project, coordinated by Seifeddine Ben Elghali (LIS).
- LINCS, a new project supported to organize the "European Researchers' Night", carried out by the Scientific Culture Unit, Research and Development Direction.
- Within the internal calls of the FET Flagship "Human Brain Project" (SGA3), where AMU participates via Viktor Jirsa (INS); two projects in response to the internal call were accepted:
- NetScovery, a collaborative project carried for the AMU part by Andrea Brovelli, INT.
- MOBILE, Collaborative project carried for the AMU part by Maxime Guye, CRMBM
- MEATRACK, Collaborative Project launched in the framework of the European TETRAMAX call involving Khalifa Aguir, IM2NP
- DRES2Market, a collaborative project of the Défi Energie, led by Sadruddin Benkadda, PIIM
- M-ONE, a project launched in the framework of the European Council for Innovation (EIC -FET Proactive), led by Marc Dubois, Fresnel Institute.
See the Press Release.
- BIOFMET, EMPIR project (European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research), led by Pierre Sabouroux, Fresnel Institute.
- ADDOVenum, Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) Project, Renaud Vincentelli, AFMB
- Inividual Fellowship Awards Marie Sklodovska Curie:
- Bubble, carried by Marion Fourquez with Dominique Lefevre as supervisor at the MIO.
- CYCLOCARB, worn by Olivier Cartapanis with Laurence Vidal from CEREGE as supervisor.
More information on these projects: email@example.com
Open Calls for the last year of H2020
Calls for proposals are listed on the Funding Tender portal (European Commission website).
The work programmes under the special call linked to the European Green Deal, expected in the second half of 2020, are available on request (submission early 2021).
Given the richness and diversity of the news of the European calls for proposals (calls for proposal) and calls for tenders (calls for tender); these are sent by e-mail on the Europe thematic mailing lists.
The Research Direction (DRV) is at your disposal to ensure this targeted monitoring for the benefit of the researcher and the Units of the site.
If you want to find AMU partners for your H2020 collaborative projects or to come to AMU through European programmes (Marie Sklodovska Curie Actions, ERC projects), the Research and Valorisation Department, AMU's office in Brussels and Protisvalor's European Contracts Department are at your disposal.
Our H2020 projects
University teams are actively involved in the H2020 calls.
To date, 104 projects have been granted, for more than €66.7 million of budget. While the Horizon 2020 programme ends this year, these results are clearly exceeding those of the FP7 previsous programme (€36.6 million in grants obtained over the entire framework programme).
More information on the ongoing projects: firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, AMU confirms its place as leading French university in the H2020 "Health" programme and its 2nd place as a French university in terms of the amount of grants obtained.
The site's initiatives to increase participation in the program
|To better accompany you in your steps||
Would you like to collaborate with a team from the Aix Marseille site within the framework of research programs? Are you looking for scientific, technical or technological skills? You wish to come to AMU with European funding (research mobility programmes or ERC)?
|Reinforce the participation of the site's research teams||
The university has set up an ambitious and proactive policy to support the scientists of the establishment to participate in this programme, led by the Directorate of Research and Development with the assistance of the AMU representative office to the European institutions in Brussels and the Protisvalor subsidiary on engineering and management of Horizon 2020 projects.
|Building on our successes at ERC||
AMU leadsThe CERCle Initiative–European Research Council Laureates' Club of the Aix-Marseille sitein conjunction with the partners of the Aix-Marseille site, in order to promote a site policy to support applications from teacher-researchers and researchers to the ERC (European Research Council) programme, a strong marker of scientific excellence.
Towards Horizon Europe
In June 2018, the European Commission published its proposal for the "Horizon Europe" framework programme, with a budget of almost €100 billion. The examination of this programme, which is crucial for the future of the European research and innovation landscape, will continue in 2020.
The university community of Aix-Marseille, involved since its creation in the various European framework programmes, is a driving force contributing to the quality, competitiveness and attractiveness of the European research and innovation landscape.
For more information, please click here:
- AMU summary document on the proposal for Horizon Europe (Update September 2019).
- Internal summary documents summarizing the first calls for proposals (Work Programmes 2021-2022) are available on request.
- Internal training sessions organized will be organised in the second semester of 2020.
- Céline Damon, Promotion and Strategy Officer Europe Horizon 2020
- Karl Stoeckel, Head of Representation to the European Institutions
- H2020 Program
- Celine Damon
- Nicolas Gochgarian
Operational support (setting up projects):
- Johanna Kabadanian (Protisvalor)
E mail : email@example.com