Doing an internship abroad

Stage à l'étranger

You have to do an internship as part of your course at AMU: what if you dared to go abroad?
Internships abroad have their own particularities and require longer formalities than internships in France.
Student interns must take this into account when preparing their internship.
The SUIO and the International Relations Department will guide you through the process and inform you of the existing procedures.


As with all internships, you must fill out an internship agreement available on the SUIO website.
Students who do an internship abroad must be careful about their work accident and illness coverage, and insurance conditions.
The intern must contact their social security centre (at least two weeks before departure) to find out about their health insurance.

Before departure, the trainee must make sure that he/she is covered by a contract. He/she must obtain, before leaving for the internship

  • A health insurance card
  • A repatriation assistance card,
  • An individual accident insurance
  • Civil liability insurance.

The different types of internships abroad

Students have the possibility of doing several types of internships during their studies: internships in university laboratories or internships in companies or organizations.

Mobility grants (Europe, PACA Region...) apply only to compulsory internships in the curriculum (validated in ECTS credits):

  • Internships in Europe within the framework of the Erasmus+ program
  • Internships financed by the regional program(PRAME)
  • Internships funded by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE)

For more information on the administrative procedures to be followed, contact the International Relations Department and the International Relations Service of the University.

Financing your internship

You can obtain a mobility grant to partially finance your internship abroad: see our page"Mobility grants".
The International Relations Department and the International Relations Departments of the various departments will help you with all the necessary steps for most funding requests.
Contact the DRI.