International students admitted to exchange programs at Aix-Marseille University can benefit from accommodation in a CROUS residence for the duration of their stay.
If you wish to live on-campus, you are to inform the Office of International Relations (DRI) of the campus of which you depend by specifying it on the online application form.
Your request will then be considered and you will be informed of whether or not you were granted on-campus housing via e-mail : in July for a 1st semester arrival, in December for a 2nd semester arrival.
- Your request is accepted: you will receive an email from the INTERLOG online housing application on which you will need to register, formalize a housing request and pay the required deposit online for the reservation to be effective.
- Your request is refused: it is then up to you to find accommodation off-campus.
Please note that you are not authorized to contact the housing department directly, the “DRI” remains your sole and unique contact.
Admission to university residences is not automatic: it is based on the capacity of the university residences.
Once on site
Upon arrival in France, only students who have been granted on-campus housing and received confirmation of their reservation by e-mail (via the INTERLOG housing application) can go directly to the university residence hall and be given their room key.
If a room in a university hall is allotted to you, you will agree to:
- Pay upon arrival the rest of the semester housing fee you owe,
- Live and reside in your university accommodation during the total period of your stay at AMU: in the event of an early departure, do note that you will NOT be reimbursed,
- Stay in your university accommodation only for the duration of your mobility for studies/exchange and not beyond.
If you were assigned a room in a student residence hall, it is preferable you arrive on weekdays (Monday to Friday), anytime before 6 p.m., reception desks in university residences being closed after 6 p.m. and on weekends.
Any request to extend your mobility for studies does not automatically imply your stay in a university residence hall will be extended as well.
You can find the complete range of accommodation available in the university residence halls on the CROUS website.
If you do not wish to be housed in a CROUS residence
You can freely refuse AMU's offer of accommodation in a CROUS residence. You will then have to find your own accommodation off-campus. We invite you to consult the dedicated accommodation page.