AMU is among the top French universities in international rankings. It positions itself as an intensive research university that has forged privileged partnerships worldwide. Internationalisation permeates all the institution's activities (research / training / cooperation / mobility) considered separately or in their interactions. The international dimension has become a determining factor in its strategy and development.
The University's international research strategy is implemented through several types of actions :
- The development of institutional research cooperation
- Accompaniment to strengthen participation in European H2020 programmes.
- Involvement in many other European and international programmes.
These actions are steered by the Research and Development Department. (RVR) of the University.
The Aix-Marseille University Excellence Initiative The programme also provides the impetus for or develops some of these actions. (for more information: see the international actions of the A*Midex University Foundation).
The development of institutional research cooperation
In terms of scientific cooperation, Aix-Marseille University confirms its international dimension, which is the joint result of the initiatives of its research units and the institutional actions that it carries out through the establishment of scientific partnerships that it manages (bilateral agreements, research MoU, consortium, etc.) or structured arrangements with research organisations.
In the field of institutional international cooperation, AMU is committed to better coordinate its international actions with major national research organisations (CNRS, INSERM, IRD...) with which it intends to pursue a more controlled site policy in identified regions, and more coherent with regard to international partners.
Within this framework, the mandate of the Research and Development Department (DRV) is mainly based on the following major missions:
- to set up scientific partnership agreements or conventions submitted by the research units which aim to formalise and make visible their regular scientific collaborations
- to examine, in partnership with the EPSTs, the agreements aimed at creating international units, laboratories or networks (UMI, LIA, LMI, IRN, etc.) that are increasingly in line with the scientific policy of Aix-Marseille University
- Supporting research units to position themselves on international scientific cooperation mechanisms and tools aimed at initiating or developing scientific exchanges, in particular through bi or multi-lateral PAAs (Hubert Curien Partnership, ECOS, COFECUB, CFQCU, Bio-Asia...).
Contact: Amira Khellaf, Directorate for Research and Valorisation (DRV) Steering of International Research Cooperation
Active participation in the H2020 programme
Aix-Marseille University teams have been actively involved in the European research and innovation programme "Horizon 2020" since its launch in 2014.
One year before the end of H2020 (2014-2019), AMU participated in more than 80 projects, for a grant obtained (more than 57 M€). already exceeding the entire previous European framework programme (FP7, 2007-2013: €36.6 million). In addition, AMU confirms its place as the first French university in the H2020 "Health" programme.
AMU coordinates several collaborative projects including :
- Future and Emerging Technology (FET) project M-CUBE (MetaMaterials antenna for ultra-high field MRI)
- Infrastructure project EVAg(European Virus Archive goes Global)
- Energy Challenge Innovation Project VPP4ISLANDS (Virtual Power Plan for Interoperable and Smart isLANDS)
- Doctoral Programme Marie Sklodovska Curie COBRA (Conversational Brains)
- Doctoral Programme Marie Sklodovska Curie COFUND Doc2AMU dedicated to doctoral students
The teams are mobilized in the calls of the three pillars of Horizon 2020 and in all the themes.
- List of projects obtained on the participant portal
- Page dedicated to financements H2020 and Horizon Europe to AMU
Involvement in many European programs outside H2020 (ERDF, ERA NET, ...) and international programs.
European and international funding is at the heart of the strategy to be deployed in the laboratories to enable the development of ambitious research within AMU.
Between 2014 and 2018, beyond 200 European projects (excluding H2020) and international (International NRAs, Era-Net, Structural Funds, Life+ etc...) were monitored by the Research and Development Department.
|Page dedicated to financements outside H2020 and international : https://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/europe-hors-h2020-international|
Direction of Research and Valorization:
- Steering of the International Research Cooperation
Amira Khellaf - Tel: +33 (0)4 86 13 61 88
- European sales representatives (excluding H2020)
- Magali Niox - Tel: +33 (0)4 13 55 34 50
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Jordan - Tel : +33 (0)4 91 39 66 79
- H2020 Program
Céline Damon - Tel: +33 (0)4 91 39 65 72