Aix-Marseille University, which is coordinating the construction of the CIVIS European University, has just obtained new European funding of 2.3 million euros (as part of the Horizon 2020 programme), intended to attract and train talented young post-doctoral researchers.
- June 1, 2021: official launch of the project
- 23 July 2021: first recruitment campaign
- September 15, 2021: bi-weekly live Q&A sessions
- 22 October 2021: Closing of the first call
- November-March 2021: Evaluations of the first call
- June 2022 : Launch of the 2nd call (to be confirmed)
Record number of applications for the first call for CIVIS3i postdoctoral fellowships - almost 300 applications submitted! CIVIS3i received 293 postdoctoral project proposals, from candidates of 63 nationalities, of which 250 were eligible. Social sciences and humanities, environmental sciences and geosciences, life sciences and information science and engineering are the most popular scientific fields. The call makes available more than €1.9 million to fund these projects from researchers with a PhD or at least four years of full-time research experience in all scientific fields.
Forty-five AMU laboratories have been chosen as host laboratories by the CIVIS3i candidate researchers, out of the 72 eligible applications received by AMU, of which the best five will be funded.
The results will be published at the end of the first quarter of 2022.
For the 1st call, 11 weekly live Q&A sessions dedicated to the participants gathered more than 200 participants organized in the two months preceding the deadline of the call. These Q&A sessions and the assistance provided to applicants were rated Excellent in a satisfaction survey sent to all applicants who submitted CIVIS3i proposals.
What is CIVIS3i?
The new CIVIS3i project, entitled "The CIVIS Alliance Programme for International, Interdisciplinary, Intersectoral Research and Training for Experienced Researchers", will provide an integrated programme for the attraction, mobility and training of post-doctoral fellows at the CIVIS level. This will be done in coherence with the structuring actions set up by the CIVIS research program (RIS4CIVIS).
CIVIS3i is designed to attract 32 talented researchers from all over the world to CIVIS, by providing a favorable environment for conducting excellent research, training adapted to
These researchers, selected through two calls for applications, will benefit from 24-month postdoctoral fellowships. They will have to present an ambitious research project, responding to the three "i" of CIVIS3i: international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral.
- The international component of these research projects may include the secondment of the post-doctoral fellow to a CIVIS partner university for defined periods, thus strengthening the research links within the Alliance.
- As part of the intersectoral dimension promoted by the CIVIS3i program, post-doctoral fellows will have access to a network of 24 non-academic partner organizations from the Alliance countries.
Implementation of the project
Officially launched in June 2021 and with a budget of more than 2.3 million euros (co-financed by the H2020 programme and the A*Midex Foundation), the CIVIS3i project is coordinated by Aix-Marseille University (Research and Valorisation Department, with the support of Protisvalor Méditerranée and the A*Midex Foundation) and brings together three other CIVIS partners
- The Free University of Brussels,
- The Autonomous University of Madrid
- The Sapienza University of Rome.
A first recruitment campaign for post-doctoral fellows will be organized between 23 July and 22 October 2021, followed by a second campaign in 2022. Aix-Marseille University is committed to hosting 10 of these researchers.
What benefits can the Alliance bring in the framework of a joint response to the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions?
- Increased visibility of our laboratories at the European level
- Possibility of exchange of post-doctoral students selected within the Alliance reinforcement of mobility and intra-CIVIS collaborations
- Attractiveness of CIVIS outside the consortium
More information on the CIVIS3i website here!
Head of the Europe Research Unit
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of the CIVIS3i project
Email : email@example.com
Project manager for attractiveness and internationalization
A*Midex University Foundation
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org