News from the ERC club
1. Publication of the 2022 calls
The 2022 work programme has just been adopted and the dates are now official.
With the largest budget in its history, the ERC will have €2.5 billion to fund research projects at the frontiers of knowledge.
|Starting Grant||Consolidator Grant||Advanced Grant||Synergy Grant||Proof of concept Grant||Proof of concept Grant|
|Budget - EUR million||749||776||555||297||25||25|
|Estimated number of grants||502||388||223||33||167||167|
2. Final results for the entire H2020 programme
The results obtained are progressing strongly, since the various institutions of the Aix Marseille site have 41 ERC laureates in the entire Horizon 2020 program, compared to 28 under FP7.
Discover the portraits of the winners and their publications on the dedicated website HAL CERCle.
CERCle 2022 Action Plan:
Coaching and training sessions are going to be organized in the fall of 2022.
The dates will be communicated to you later by email and on this page.
CERCle 2021 Action Plan:
Organization of coaching sessions:
Several coaching sessions have been organized over the last few months.
The sessions were organized by a member of the ERC National Contact Point, a member of the ERC panel, and a former laureate.
- The ERC Starting Grant session was organized on November 13, 2020
- The ERC Consolidator Grant session was organized on December 17, 2020
- The ERC Advanced Grant session will be held on 11 June 2021
- Organization of writing workshops :
Videoconference workshops of training in writing an ERC project, dedicated to the staff of the site submitting a project to the 2021 calls:
- For applicants to the ERC StG call on 11 January 2021
- For applicants to the ERC StG and CoG calls: February 12, 2021
- For applicants to the ERC CoG call: 15 February 2021
- For candidates to the ERC AdGcall on 28 June 2021
The detailed program of these trainings is available here.
Please contact the Europe Unit of your employer or the CERCle coordination to register.
3. Bibliometric studies :
In connection with the Head of bibliometrics in the Research and Development Department(firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Support to ERC applicants to manage researcher profiles and improve scientific visibility before submission
- Analysis of scientific productions to confirm the quality of publications
What is the ERC club - "Le CERCle"?
The European Research Council (or European Research Council, ERC) funds exploratory and risky research projects within the European Union. It is a "white science" programme dedicated to research at the frontier of knowledge, the sole selection criterion being scientific excellence.
On May 15, 2017, Aix-Marseille University and its partners, the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), the Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale (INSERM), the Institut pour la recherche et le développement (IRD) and the Commissariat à l'énergie atomique (CEA), officially launched the CERCle, Club des ERC joined in 2018 by Ecole Centrale. Their ambition is to drive a shared site policy to support applications from teacher-researchers and researchers to the European Research Council (ERC) program, a strong marker of scientific excellence.
- Encourage (teacher-)researchers to apply to the ERC and create a dynamic.
- To improve the visibility of the site's scientific excellence, strengthening its attractiveness.
- Support the dynamics of the site to strengthen its position as a major European research cluster.
- Provide all (teacher-)researchers submitting an ERC project with an Aix-Marseille research unit with individualized coaching.
- Leading a strategic reflection to strengthen the participation of teams in the ERC.
- Stimulate interactions between the teams of the site to participate in these programs.
Composition:The CERCle is composed of members attached to a research unit of the Aix-Marseille site and are:
- Winners of a European Research Council (ERC) contract, completed or in progress.
- Current or former members of an ERC panel.
CERCle figures :
- 69 ERC laureates on the site since the launch of the European Research Council (ERC) under FP7
- 41 ERC laureates in the Horizon 2020 program
- 47 ERC projects in the Horizon 2020 program
- 5 laureates have benefited from an ERC Proof of Concept project in the H2020 program
- 6 ERC projects in which an institution from the site is a partner
- 9 panel members are from the site
The CERCle's activities are supervised by a European Steering Committee led by AMU, which includes the operational units of CNRS, INSERM, IRD, CEA, Centrale Innovation and Protisvalor, AMU's valorisation subsidiary.
An initiative of :
Leader of the CERCLE
Céline DAMON (Research and Development Department, AMU)
Tel : 04 91 39 65 72 - email : email@example.com
An initiative of :