ERC Club News
1. CERCle Plenary with Maria Leptin
The 4th plenary session of CERCle - the ERC Club of the Aix-Marseille site, was held on July 6 in the presence of Maria Leptin, President of the European Research Council.
You can have access to the presentation material here.
2. Release of 2021 results
Following the publication of the call results, the Aix-Marseille site is pleased to have:
4 new ERC StG laureates:
- Anabela BENSIMON BRITO for the CARDIOCALC project
- Thomas CHALK for the ForCry Dorothea project
- Tilman GRUNEWALD for the TexTOM project
- Dorothea VOM BRUCH for the ALPaCa project
5 new ERC CoG laureates:
- Raphaël BEUZART-PLESSIS for the RELANTRA project
- Sophie BONNET for the HOPE project
- Elodie CHOQUET for the ESCAPE project
- Alexis LICHT for the project DISPERSAL
- Benjamin MORILLON for the project SPEEDY
2 new ERC AdG laureates:
- Hervé RIGNEAULT for the project SpeckleCARS
- Livio De LUCA for the n-Dame_Heritage project
See the article for more details
3. Closing of StG, CoG, AdG 2022 calls
|Starting Grant||Consolidator Grant||Advanced Grant||Synergy Grant||Proof of concept Grant||Proof of concept Grant|
4. Release of the 2023 timeline considered by the ERC
The dates listed below are not final, they are subject to being moved up or down by one month.
|Starting Grant||Consolidator Grant||Advanced Grant||Synergy Grant||Proof of concept Grant|
CERCle's 2022 Action Plan:
- Infoday ERC - September 2022
Introduction to the ERC, the different categories, evaluation criteria.
- Interviews with your Europe cell and the ERC National Contact Point - as it happens
Exchange on your project, answers to questions. We insist on the importance of this interview, which will allow you to better understand the expectations of the ERC, while receiving individualized advice.
- Writing Training Workshops - June 17, 2022 for StGs, end of year for CoGs and AdGs
Training on the specifics of writing an ERC project, based on your ERC pre-project.
- Oral training - during 2023
Training to prepare for the oral presentation. Training offered to all successful candidates for this exercise.
- Bibliometric studies - on the go
In conjunction with the Bibliometrics Officer within the Research and Valuation Directorate (email@example.com):
What is the ERC Club - "The CERCle"?
The European Research Council (or European Research Council, ERC) funds exploratory and risky research projects within the European Union. It is a "white science" program dedicated to research at the frontier of knowledge whose sole selection criterion is scientific excellence.
On May 15, 2017, Aix-Marseille University and its partners, the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), the Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale (INSERM), the Institut pour la recherche et le développement (IRD) and the Commissariat à l'énergie atomique (CEA), officially launched CERCle, the ERC Club joined in 2018 by Ecole Centrale. Their ambition is to drive a shared site policy to support applications from teacher-researchers and researchers to the European Research Council (ERC) program, a strong marker of scientific excellence.
- Encourage (teacher-)researchers to apply to the ERC and build momentum.
- Improve the visibility of the site's scientific excellence, strengthening its attractiveness.
- Support the site's dynamics to strengthen its position as a major European research hub.
- Provide all (teacher-)researchers submitting an ERC project with an Aix-Marseille research unit with individualized coaching.
- Facilitate strategic thinking to strengthen team participation in the ERC.
- Stimulate interactions among site teams to participate in these programs.
- Current or former members of an ERC panel.
- 92 ERC projects on the site since the launch of the European Research Council (ERC) in 2007.
- 11 ERC projects in the Horizon Europe program
- 49 ERC projects in the Horizon 2020 program
- 32 ERC projects in the FP7 program
- 5 projects have benefited from an ERC Proof of Concept in the H2020 program
- 9 panel members are from the site
The CERCle Activities are supervised by a Europe Steering Committee led by AMU, bringing together the operational units of CNRS, INSERM, IRD, CEA, Centrale Innovation and Protisvalor, AMU's valorisation subsidiary.
An initiative of:
Céline DAMON (Direction de la Recherche et de la Valorisation, AMU)
Tel : 04 91 39 65 72 - email : firstname.lastname@example.org
An initiative of :