News of the ERC club
Last year of Horizon 2020 before the launch of Horizon Europe
Horizon Europe's latest ERC call is for the ERC Advanced Grants category. Deadline: August 29th, 2020.
The ERC has also published on its website a briefing note on future planning 2021-2022 and the changes to be expected:
see the page "Transition of the ERC to Horizon Europe - Operational considerations".
As a reminder, the annual plenary session of CERCle held on 8 July, in the presence of Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, President of the ERC, had as its theme "Towards Horizon Europe: ERC's place in the next Framework Programme".
General presentation support (CERCle annual report and support from JP Bourguignon): HERE.
CERCle Action Plan for 2020:
Coaching sessions for ERC 2020 project submissions are being prepared, with possible VR with the ERC National Contact Point (NCP).
- The ERC Advanced Grant Session will be held in May 2020 (New)
- The ERC Starting Grant Session will be held in October 2020.
Training workshops in writing an ERC project, dedicated to site staff submitting a project for the 2020 or 2021 calls for proposals.
- A first workshop will be organised on 15 June for candidates to the ERC AdG call. Campus J. Aiguier.
- A second workshop will be held on November 2 for ERC StG applicants.
- An oral ERC training workshop for CoG or even SyG candidates selected in the 2nd stage may be proposed mid 2020 (New).
For more information, contact your employer's Europe cell or the CERcle coordination.
Towards Horizon Europe: The ERC and Marie Sklodovska Curie calls (1st Pillar of HOUR)
Information meetings co-organized by all the European cells members of COPEurope will be proposed on the different campuses of Aix Marseille. Expected dates and locations :
- Aix Campus: June 8 - Colloquium Room 2 at the Multimedia Center. Morning
- Campus St Jérôme: June 9 - Amphi Ponte. Morning
- Campus la Timone: 10 June - Room 109. Morning
- Campus St Charles: 11 June - Salle des Voûtes. Morning
- Luminy Campus: June 11 - MPCC Amphitheatre. Morning
- Campus J. Aiguier: June 18 - Amphi P. Desnuelle. Morning
- Campus Etoile: June 22nd - New Central Amphitheatre Marseille. Morning
What is the ERC Club - "The CERCle"?
The European Research Council (or European Research Council, ERC) funds exploratory and risky research projects in the European Union. It is a "white scientist" programme dedicated to research at the frontier of knowledge, for which the sole selection criterion is scientific excellence.
On 15 May 2017, Aix-Marseille University and its partners, the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the National Institute for Health and Medical Research (INSERM), the Institute for Research and Development (IRD) and the French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), officially launched CERCle, the ERC Club, which will be joined in 2018 by Ecole Centrale. Their ambition is to promote a shared site policy to support applications from teacher-researchers and researchers to the European Research Council (ERC) programme, a strong marker of scientific excellence.
- To encourage (teacher-researchers) to apply to the ERC and to create a dynamic.
- Improve the visibility of the site's scientific excellence, strengthening its attractiveness.
- To support the dynamics of the site in order to strengthen its position as a major European research centre.
- Provide all (teacher-)researchers submitting an ERC project with a research unit in Aix-Marseille with individualized coaching.
- Lead a strategic reflection to strengthen the participation of teams in the ERC.
- Stimulate interaction between site teams to participate in these programs.
Composition :The CERCle is composed of members attached to a research unit at the Aix-Marseille site and are :
- Winners of a completed or ongoing European Research Council (ERC) contract.
- Current or former members of an ERC panel.
The CERCle figures:
- 57 ERC laureates on the site since the launch of the European Research Council (ERC) in 2007, including 7 laureates having obtained two consecutive ERCs (64 projects).
- 36 winners in the Horizon 2020 programme (2014-2020). Four laureates have benefited from an ERC Proof of Concept (ERC PoC) project.
- 6 ERC projects in which one of the site's establishments is a partner.
- 9 site panel members.
CERCle's activities are supervised by a European Steering Committee led by AMU, bringing together the operational units of CNRS, INSERM, IRD, CEA, Centrale Innovation and Protisvalor, AMU's valorisation subsidiary.
Presentation of the winners and their publications
- Discover the portraits and publications of the laureates on the new site HAL CIRCLE
Space reserved for ERC club members
An initiative of :
Céline DAMON (Direction de la Recherche et de la Valorisation, AMU)
Tel : 04 91 39 65 72 - email : firstname.lastname@example.org
An initiative of :