The Habilitation à diriger des recherches (HDR) is a national higher education diploma that can be obtained after a doctorate. Habilitation is the highest university qualification a person can receive and corresponds to the highest level of French diplomas.
This diploma allows you to apply for a position as a university professor (after registration on the qualification list by the National Council of Universities), to be a thesis director or chosen as a thesis rapporteur. It is also highly recommended to apply for the positions of research director of public scientific and technological institutions. HDR is defined by regulation in the decree of 23 November 1988 (amended in 1992, 1995 and 2002).
Submission of files
The HDR candidate must submit the following documents to the school authority* to which he/she is attached:
- Completed application form for authorisation to register, including the tutor's reasoned opinion
- Manuscript written at 80% including a synthesis of its scientific activities and projects showing its experience in the animation of research
- List of publications
- Candidate's CV
- Copy of the thesis defence report
- Substantial body of original work in relation to the thesis (published or forthcoming book or articles)
*Tuition services to contact
- Faculty of Science
Luminy Site - Doctorates and HDR Office
St-Jérôme Site - Doctoral and HDR Office
- Faculty of Arts, Literature, Languages, Humanities and Mediterranean House of Human Sciences (ALLSH/MMSH) - Doctoral Students' Office and HDR
- Observatoire des Sciences de l'Univers (OSU) Institut Pythéas - Contacts
- Faculty of Sports Sciences (FSS) - Doctoral School 463 "Sciences of the Human Movement"
- Faculty of Medicine - Research Office - PhD - HDR
- Faculty of Pharmacy - Education
- Faculty of Dentistry - Education
- Faculty of Law and Political Science (FDSP) - Doctoral School 67 "Legal and Political Sciences".
- Faculty of Economics and Management (FEG) - Doctoral and HDR Office in Economics and Management
- Institute of Business Administration (IAE) - Contacts
- Institute of Public Management and Territorial Governance (IMPGT) - Education
Research Administrative Manager
Tel: +33 (0)4 86 09 08 41