Aix-Marseille University has made international mobility and the reception of international students a pillar of its attractiveness policy. It has thus set up a unique scholarship system to finance profiles of excellence.
The TIGER Master's Excellence Grants
Within the framework of the TIGER project (Transforming and Innovating in Graduate Education via Research) financed by the French government's Plan d'Investissement d'Avenir, Aix-Marseille University has put in place a series of measures to further increase its internationalization. Aix-Marseille University has chosen its institutes, the true embodiment of the university's interdisciplinary dimension, to anchor these new measures, as well as its site partners.
The TIGER Master's Excellence Scholarship enables the university to finance international students with excellent backgrounds to join the ranks of these entities combining teaching, innovation and high-level research.
What is a TIGER Master's Excellence Award?
The TIGER Master's Excellence Scholarships are awarded under selection by Aix-Marseille University and its site partners to Master's level students registered in one of the 19 selected courses
To benefit from a TIGER Master's Excellence Scholarship is to benefit from financing, accommodation and a privileged welcome:
|Aix-Marseille University will finance you up to €10,000 for one academic year.
||Aix-Marseille University will reserve a room for you in a CROUS university residence(provided you complete the necessary procedures within the allotted time)||Aix-Marseille University will take care of you as soon as you arrive in France and will accompany you throughout your stay.|
How to apply?
For the 2023/2024 academic year, the application for the TIGER master's excellence scholarship is made automatically when you apply (via the Etudes en France or eCandidat platforms ) forone of the courses listed below. You will receive notification of your selection for the TIGER Master's Excellence Scholarship along with your admission letter.
Interested students should refer to the page of the concerned track and can, in parallel, contact the pedagogical manager for possible questions.
Please note that despite the awarding of a scholarship, non-European international students will still have to pay a differentiated fee to register for the course of their choice.
For more information, please consult our page dedicated to differential fees.
Which courses are concerned by the TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships
- Master of Microbiology, Integrative and Fundamental Microbiology track
- Master of Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies, Nanoscale and quantum engineering (NQE) / Nano-ingénierie et dispositifs quantiques (NDQ) track
- Master of Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (co-accredited with the Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne - Campus de Gardanne), Chemical Nano-Engineering (CNE) track (ErasmusMundus)
- Master of Physics, Europhotonics (ErasmusMundus)
- Master of Physics, FunPhys
- Master of Mechanics, Fluids and Solids
- Master of Mathematics and Applications - Computer Science, Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics track
- Master of Integrative Biology and Physiology (BIP)
- Master Instrumentation and Measurement Science for Major Nuclear Research
- Master Computational and Mathematical Biology
- Master Biomedical Engineering (taught by our partner Ecole Centrale Marseille)
- Master Environmental Engineering (delivered by our partner Ecole Centrale Marseille)
In Medical and paramedical sciences
- Master of Public Health, Quantitative and Econometric Methods for Health Research (MQERS)
- Master of Public Health, Societies and Development (SPSD)
In Arts, Letters, Languages and Human Sciences
- Master's degree in Archaeology, sciences for archaeology, Momarch course
- Master Geography, planning, environment and development: Geomatics and spatial modeling course
In Sciences of the Universe and the Environment
- Master's degree in Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution (BEE), Biodiversity: functions and conservation course
- Master's degree in Environmental Management, MAEVA course - Management of the Environment, Valuation and Analysis
- Master's degree in Marine Sciences, course in Biological Oceanography and Marine Ecology (OBEM)
- Master's degree in Marine Sciences, Physical and Biogeochemical Oceanography (OPB)