Are you preparing for a state or national diploma in initial training and would like to suspend your studies for one or two semesters to carry out a project? Apply for a gap year!
New: online applications can only be submitted via the E-candidat application , respecting the dates of the application campaigns. Do not wait until the last moment to fill in your application form (supporting documents to be provided)
1. Applications must be submitted during defined periods
There are three different periods depending on the date you wish to take your gap year and your profile (student or future student):
- You have formulated a Parcoursup wish to take a gap year before your entry into a Bachelor's degree or 1st year BUT and you wish to leave in September 2021 for one or two semesters: apply during the summer campaign, between 27/05 and 08/07/2021. Do not wait until you have registered at AMU to obtain information and compile your file. You must submit your application as soon as you have accepted an admission offer from the university
- You are a student (not reorienting) and wish to go on a gap year:
- September 2021 for one or two semesters: apply for the spring campaign between 23/03 and 18/06/2021 at 4pm.
- If you are a student who wishes to go to France in January 2021 for a semester: apply to the autumn campaign, between 17/08 and 24/09/2021 at 4pm.
2. Information and applications (future baccalaureate, undergraduate and graduate students)
- Check it out Instructions for use for undergraduate and graduate students
- Download the application form (1st and 2nd cycle)
- Download the application form (gap year applications via Parcoursup)
3. Information and applications (3rd cycle)
- Consult the instructions for 3rd cycle gap year
- Incomplete or late applications will be considered as inadmissible
My application in BRIEF
- I consult the campaign dates according to my departure date
- I contact my school's gap year advisor who will guide me through the process
- I gather the supporting documents and connect to E-candidat
- Reminder: the summer campaign is dedicated to you (application dates to be respected).Infographic request for a gap year by a bachelor via Parcoursup
Aix-Marseille University (AMU) follows CNIL guidelines The platform that broadcasts this content conditions its reading to the deposit of tracers in order to offer you targeted advertising according to your navigation. By clicking on 'I authorize', the cookies will be deposited and you will be able to view this content.
Aix-Marseille University (AMU) follows CNIL guidelines
The platform that broadcasts this content conditions its reading to the deposit of tracers in order to offer you targeted advertising according to your navigation.
By clicking on 'I authorize', the cookies will be deposited and you will be able to view this content.
✈ INFO about going abroad
- For students wishing to leave in September 2021 for a gap year abroad: it is strongly advised to evaluate the feasibility of your project taking into account the current global health situation and the fact that currently, departures outside Europe are prohibited.
- All requests for a gap year abroad will, without exception, be subject to a mandatory consultation with AMU's Defense Security Officer, who will give a final opinion in early July on a possible departure in September.
- Remember to have a "plan B" (gap year in France). The gap year commission will examine your projects (plan A abroad and plan B in France)