The Departments of European Legal Studies and European Economic Studies are seeking applications for the position of Academic Assistant for the ELEA option. This is a position for the option based in the Department of European Economic Studies with a starting date from now onwards.
VACANCY for an ACADEMIC ASSISTANT European Law and Economic Analysis (ELEA)
We are looking for graduates with:
• a Master’s degree in economics and a strong background in law, OR
• a Master’s degree in law and a strong background in political science or economics.
• sound knowledge of EU institutions, principles of EU law and internal market • very good academic grades, equivalent to an overall average of at least 15/20 at the College of Europe
• a very good command of English and French,
• the ability to work as part of a team, • an interest in teaching and research,
• good organisational skills and
• a high measure of flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends), and available to start immediately.
• assisting professors (e.g. organisational back-up, research, preparing course materials)
• giving tutorials, assisting the supervision of MA theses, providing academic advice to students
• being the link between professors and students
• organisation (e.g. departmental administration, study trip, guest lectures)
• research (the assistant is expected to produce at least one research paper during the academic year on a topic related to the analysis of EU policies or regulation).
The College offers:
• an excellent and stimulating academic setting
• a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable
• a pleasant, international working environment, and
• a competitive remuneration.
E-mail applications f.a.o. Prof. Béatrice Dumont, Director of the Department of European Economic Studies, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and the names of two academic referees (with affiliation, and email address) should be submitted to Eva Vande Voorde (secretary) (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Job reference: ELEA Academic Assistant
Should you require any further information on the position of academic assistant, please contact Eva Vande Voorde email@example.com
Personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.
Eva Vande Voorde firstname.lastname@example.org