The A*Midex université foundation supports the Aix-Marseille Excellence Initiative, winner of the national label obtained as part of the INVESTMENTS FOR THE FUTURE PROGRAM (PIA). The IdEx project presented by Aix-Marseille Université and its partners (CNRS, Inserm, IRD, CEA, AP-HM, Sciences-Po Aix, Centrale Marseille) was selected in February 2012 by the international jury and definitively confirmed in April 2016.
Its objective is to enhance and develop the exceptional potential of the Aix-Marseille site by providing it with world-class research and higher education. A*Midex experiments with new actions and functions as a strategic growth lever for the territory.
This ambition is reflected in the following objectives :
• Strengthen and improve our positioning as a leading intensive research university;
• Improving our international recognition as a high-level higher education institution;
• Increasing our economic and societal utility at the national and international level;
• Enhance our international standing.
A*Midex's policy is based mainly - although not exclusively - on five funds serving its various objectives, in order to ensure an optimal concentration of IdEx resources on the most promising projects. These five funds are: Attractiveness - Research - International - Transfer - Education.
The actions financed by the IdEx pass through two vectors :
• Calls for projects or applications, with many projects labelled in the Units or components and partners of the Aix-Marseille site;
• Structuring actions with the objective of transforming the university institution.
IdEx Aix-Marseille also supports the major structural projects of the Aix-Marseille site such as Instituts Convergences, University Hospital Networks (RHU), LabEx and Ecoles Universitaires de Recherche, selected as part of the PIA programmes. The foundation also monitors these projects.
- Discover the institutional brochure
- Consult the file dedicated to the A*Midex Foundation in the Aix-Marseille Université letter of December 2018
- Consult the activity report | Programme of activities A*Midex 2018 - 2019
- Functional Organizational Chart A*Midex - December 2019
- Organizational Chart A*Midex - December 2019
Aix-Marseille Université - A*MIDEX Foundation
Jardin du Pharo - 58 bd Charles Livon - 13284 Marseille Cedex 07
+33 (0)4 86 13 61 60 email@example.com
Deputy Chairman - Denis BERTIN
Executive Director - Under appointment
Director - Céline BRÉAL
Tel: +33(0) 4 91 39 65 51 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org