The A*Midex University Foundation is the leader of the Aix-Marseille Initiative of Excellence, which has been awarded the national label within the framework of the PROGRAMME INVESTISSEMENTS D'AVENIR (PIA). The Idex project presented by Aix-Marseille Université and its partners (CNRS, Inserm, IRD, CEA, AP-HM, Sciences-Po Aix, Centrale Marseille) was selected in February 2012 by the international jury and definitively confirmed in April 2016. It adopted a new strategic roadmap in 2021 for the period 2021-2024.
Its objective is to enhance and develop the exceptional potential of the Aix-Marseille site by providing it with world-class research and higher education. A*Midex experiments with new actions and functions as a strategic growth lever for the region.
This ambition is reflected in the following objectives:
- Strengthen and improve our positioning as a leading research Strengthen and improve our positioning as a leading research university;
- To improve our international recognition as a Enhance our international recognition as a high-level institution of higher learning;
- Increase our economic and societal utility Increase our economic and societal relevance at the national and international level;
- Strengthen our international reputation.
The A*Midex 3.0 strategic roadmap for the period 2021-2024 is structured around 4 major fields of action:
- Consolidating EXPERIMENTS
- Training, attracting and supporting TALENTS
- Interaction with international and civil society ACTORS
- Incubation of projects to meet major and priority scientific and societal CHALLENGES
The organization of A*Midex is based mainly on five funds serving its strategic roadmapThe incubation of projects to meet major and priority scientific and societal CHALLENGES, in order to ensure an optimal concentration of Idex resources on the most promising projects. These five funds are : Attractiveness - Research - International - Transfer - Training.
The actions financed by the Idex are carried out through two channels
- calls for projects or calls for applications, with many projects approved by the units or components and partners of the Aix-Marseille site;
- structuring actions with the aim of transforming the university institution, such as the institutes of establishment
The Aix-Marseille Idex also supports the major structuring projects of the Aix-Marseille site such as the Convergence Institutes, the University Hospital Networks (RHU), the LabEx and the University Research Schools, selected within the framework of the PIA programs. The foundation also monitors these projects.
In support of the implementation of its strategy, the Foundation is committed to a quality approach according to the ISO 9001 standard, which has been approved by its Steering Committee in 2019. The implementation of this approach is part of the strategic framework of Aix-Marseille Université.
To learn more about the A*Midex foundation : Initiative d'excellence | Aix-Marseille Université (univ-amu.fr)
Jardin du Pharo - 58 bd Charles Livon 13284 Marseille Cedex 07
+33 (0)4 13 55 04 27
Nicolas MORALES - Tel: +33(0) 4 13 55 04 27 - email: email@example.com
Céline BRÉAL - Tel: +33(0) 4 13 55 04 27 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoine PARROT - Tel : +33(0)4 13 94 94 60 - email : email@example.com