The "Transfer" calls for projects aim to encourage the development of relations between research institutions and actors from the worlds of business, culture and civil society.
Principles and Objectives of the Transfer Program
The A*Midex Foundation intends to contribute to strengthening innovation and the socio-economic impact of the Aix-Marseille site in order to increase the transfer of research results from laboratories to industry and civil society.
With this in mind, the "Transfer" programme, which proposes a series of 4 calls for projects, aims in particular to complement existing funding mechanisms at local and European level in order to build a funding continuum towards valorisation and innovation. It also aims to transform the relationship between academic research and socio-economic and cultural sectors, for example by giving the latter access to new knowledge, know-how and technologies. The programme also aims to encourage job creation, the development of innovative businesses and, more generally, to contribute to the development and influence of the region at local, national and international level.
The "Transfer" programme is developed by IDEX partner organizations, in conjunction with their development subsidiaries, in a co-construction process with representatives of the local ecosystem involved in partnership research and innovation (SATT Sud Est, Institut Carnot STAR, Protisvalor, Impulse incubator, Belle de Mai incubator, etc.) as well as thematic departments within Aix-Marseille University. For more information
The 4 "Transfer" calls for projects
With a budget of €6.5 million for the period 2020-2023, the "Transfer" programme is structured around 4 calls for proposals.
Call 1 - Emergence of new collaborations
- Objectives: To test new partnerships between an academic actor and an actor from the socio-economic/cultural world who has no pre-existing collaboration.
- Call open continuously.
- Budget over 3 years: €1.5 million
- A*Midex financing per project: From 15 k € to 70 k €.
Call 2 - Start-up partnerships
- Objective: To encourage the development of collaborations between academic players and young start-ups (or ante-creation projects) incubated on the Aix-Marseille site, so that they can benefit from the innovation potential of the site's research units.
- Biannual call. Next submission date (Wave 2): 19/05/2021 (Step 1 - project intention)
- Budget of the action over 3 years: € 1.5 M
- A*Midex financing per project: From 80 k € to 120 k €.
Call 3 - Partnership with the socio-economic and cultural world
- Objective: To support ambitious collaborative innovation projects led by academic actors and all types of actors from the socio-economic and cultural world, for exploratory research, technology or know-how transfer.
- Annual call. Wave 1 closed for 2021. Next filing date (Wave 2): January 2022.
- Budget over 3 years: €3 million
- A*Midex financing per project: From 100 k € to 400 k €.
Call 4 - Engineering and assembly of European projects
- Objective: To provide support for the maturing, preparation and drafting of projects put forward by researchers and teacher-researchers from the Aix-Marseille site who wish to apply for European calls for projects requiring the involvement of one or more partners from the socio-economic world.
- Call open continuously. Scheduled to open in 2021
- Budget over 3 years: 500 k €
- The framework text and the application file will be online soon.
How to apply ?
1. For PAAs 1 and 4, open continuously
- Download the application form and return it completed to the contacts mentioned in the document.
2. For call 2 and 3, open on an ad hoc basis
For these projects, the application is made via the A*Midex project submission platform https://amidex-aap.univ-amu.fr/ in two steps:
- Step 1: Registration
Applicants are invited to click on the button "SUBMIT A PROJECT" available on this page. They connect, with their login and password ENT, to their application space for one of the "Transfer" calls for projects.
At the latest at the end of step 1 (see calendar in the framing text), they must complete the fields indicated (Name of the responsible person/ Reporting structure/ Project title/ Project acronym/ Thematic axis/ Disciplines/ Key words (1 to 5 words) / Project summary (approximately 5 lines) / Partner). The registration form is a MANDATORY step in the process. However, it is not subject to selection.
- Step 2: Submission of the application file
From the opening date of step 2 (See calendar in the framing text), the project leaders who have registered for the call for projects are then invited to submit their final file at the latest at the end of step 2 (See calendar in the framing text) by clicking on "STATUS OF MY PROJECTS" and transferring to their project space:
- The contents of their file
- The project budget
- The annexes. Attention: some annexes are mandatory; their absence may result in the ineligibility of the project.
- The documents must be registered by clicking on the "Save" button at the bottom left of the form.
In order to submit the application, you must click on the "submit" button at the bottom right of the application form. The status of the file will change from "open" to "submitted" once the application has been submitted. No additions will be possible after the closing of the submission platform at the indicated deadline.
Several information meetings will be offered by videoconference in order to present the program and answer questions :
- Meeting for the "academic world":
October 12, 2020 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. Pre-registration on this link :
November 6, 2020 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pre-registration on this link :
- Meeting for the "socio-economic and cultural world":
October 16, 2020 from 10am to 12pm. Pre-registration on this link :
Project Officer Transfer with the socio-economic and cultural world
Tel: 04 86 13 61 74 - email: email@example.com