The SUFLE, Service Universitaire de Français Langue Étrangère, offers French language and culture courses (long-term and intensive courses), as well as French level certifications (TCF, TCF DAP and DALF C1).
SUFLE, Service Universitaire de Français Langue Étrangère, welcomes non-French-speaking foreign students and offers them French language and culture courses at all levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), through short training courses (summer courses, evening courses, etc.), as well as long-term courses (full-time semester and annual courses). The courses take place mainly on the Aix-en-Provence campus, but also in Marseille Saint Charles and Luminy (upon request).
SUFLE is also an examination centre approved by France Education International (CIEP) for French level certifications TCF and DALF C1.
1. Training courses
The SUFLE offers diversified, innovative and adapted training courses, such as semi-annual and annual or intensive training courses. The ambition of SUFLE is also to respond as well as possible to the needs of the AMU components to ensure a better integration of students in the different fields.
SUFLE training offer:
- Diploma course in French language and culture (full-time, semester or year-round)
- Evening classes for the general public
- Evening courses for exchange students
- Summer (3 weeks) and winter (2 or 3 weeks) intensive courses
- Courses for doctoral students
- Training of trainers (professionalization courses)
2. Examinations and certifications
SUFLE is an examination and award centre approved by France Education International (CIEP).
- French Knowledge Test TCF DAP (Demande d'Admission Préalable)
3. Target Audiences
- Non-French-speaking foreign students and future foreign students
- Adult foreigners (Employees / Self-employed / Job seekers / retraining...)
- AMU staff from non-French-speaking countries (doctoral students, lecturer, researchers, etc.)
- Refugees / asylum seekers (see the exemption application file)
4. Contact and location
To contact us, please go to the Contact Form page
4.1 How to get there?
- From Aix city centre (and the SNCF train station), take the Aixpress bus line A to the "Schuman" stop (in front of the entrance to the ALLSH faculty). Our building "T3 Porte" is the first building on your left.
- Please note that it is difficult to park around the ALLSH faculty (the university parking lot is not accessible). You can park at the Krypton car park, exit at highway 30 or 30b "Pont de l'Arc", then take the Aixpress bus line A .
5. who are we?
Aix-Marseille University is the largest French-speaking university in the world. Between sea and mountains, Aix-en-Provence is a city of human dimensions that welcomes some 78,000 students and offers its visitors a heritage and a panorama rich in monuments, fountains, markets and shows.
The SUFLE is:
- 6 university professors and 15 permanent teachers in French as a foreign language
- About 30 external teachers or on short contracts
- 1500 students
- More than 70 different nationalities
- About 250 candidates for certification
A team of professionals experienced in teaching French is at your disposal to help you in your efforts.
Building T3 Porte
29, avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
- Reception / student affairs: office 2.13 (2nd floor)
Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 23 - Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 17 (English spoken)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am-12.15pm and 1.45pm-5.30pm
- Examination Centre: Suite 2.12 (2nd floor)
Tel. +33(0)4 13 55 55 32 20 or 26 (English spoken)
Opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:30am-12pm and 2pm-4:30pm; Wednesday: 9:30am-12:30pm