SUFLE, the University Service of French as a Foreign Language, offers courses in French language and culture (long and intensive training courses), as well as French level certifications (TCF, TCF DAP and DALF C1).
The SUL (Service Universitaire des Langues) is the result of the merger in November 2021 of two joint services of the University of Aix-Marseille, the MIRREL (Maison Interdisciplinaire de Recherche et de Ressources en Langues) and the SUFLE (Service Universitaire de Français Langue Étrangère).
It has the following missions:
- Provide training in French as a Foreign Language, of which its DU LCF (University Diploma in French Language and Culture) is a driving force. Each semester, nearly 300 students from all over the world come to learn and discover a language and culture with an experienced and dynamic teaching team.
FLE courses during the semester are organized in Aix-en-Provence, Marseille and online, for all audiences, AMU students and staff, and international students in supervised (Erasmus+) or individual mobility.
- Accompanying Modern Languages learners (Modern Foreign Languages and French as a Foreign Language) in its language resource center, the CARLAM (Centre de Ressources en Langues-AIX-Marseille), through the provision of self-study materials and supervised tutoring and conversation activities. Several hundred students deepen their language learning each year, obtaining for some the "Languages bonus" validated by their training in AMU components.
- Offer the possibility of taking the language certifications that students and individuals need in the context of international mobility and/or professional insertion.
The service organizes in particular the CLES (Certificate of Language of Higher Education) and has the vocation to propose the passing of other language certifications (FLE and LVE)
- To train FLE trainers seeking to improve their skills in the didactics of French as a Foreign Language. This mission is assigned to the SUPFLES (University Internship of Professionalization in French as a Foreign and Second Language).
To contact us, please use the Contact Form
SUL-Aix Schuman (formerly SUFLE)
View the Access Map to the Schuman campus.
- From downtown Aix (and the SNCF train station), take the Aixpress bus line A to the "Schuman" stop (in front of the ALLSH faculty entrance). Our building T3-Porte is the first building on your left. See also the site for transportation services in Aix-en-Provence: Aix en bus
Or the site of the city of Aix-en-Provence, section: Transportation-Displacement
- Beware, it is difficult to park around the ALLSH faculty (the university parking lot is not accessible). You can park at the Krypton parking lot (by the highway: exit 30 or 30b "Pont de l'Arc"), then take the Aixpress bus line A.
SUL-Marseille (ex MIRREL)
View the Access map for 63, la Canebière, Marseille 1er
- SUL - Aix Schuman
29, avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
Reception / student office 2.13 (2nd floor)
Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 23 or 14
Hours: Monday to Friday
8:00am-12:15pm and 1:45-4:30pm
Access Map (how to get there)
- SUL - Marseille (CARLAM)
63, la Canebière,
Reception / Student office(4th floor)
Tel: +33 (0)4 13 55 00 80
Access map (how to get there)