NEW! Online French as a Foreign Language courses.
The SUFLE now allows you to follow French as a Foreign Language courses entirely at a distance!
The timetable can be adapted to the different groups, according to the needs of each student or to the time zone of the country in which they live.
Each session lasts 3 weeks and includes :
- 20 hours of French language courses (general FLE) by video-conference (2 or 3 hours per day, depending on the organization of each course)
- 20 hours of individual work (spread over the week)
- 12 students maximum per group
- A certificate of course follow-up, mentioning the language level, will be given at the end of each session.
Courses are proposed for intermediate levels in French: A2, B1, B1+, B2, B2+, C1.
Beginners (A0 or A1) cannot follow these courses.
To be able to follow these online courses by video-conference (live), it is necessary to have a computer, a good internet connection, a microphone and a camera.
- Language courses, from Monday to Friday:
The 2 or 3 hour course will take place according to the availability and the time zones of the students (depending on the countries where they are located). The schedule will be decided at the beginning of the course with the teacher :
- between 12:00 and 14:00 or after 5:00 p.m. (French time), see with the teacher.
- Activities will be regularly given by the teachers, for an individual work of 1h/day, on average.
Classes are given by teachers specialized in French as a foreign language. They will enable students to improve their level of French both in oral and written skills, to discover aspects of French culture and Provençal culture (artistic heritage, gastronomy).
2. dates 2020/2021*:
- November 2 to 20, 2020
- November 30 to December 18, 2020
- Ongoing registrations
- February 1 to 19, 2021
- March 8 to 26, 2021
- April 6 to 23, 2021
Registration deadline: 15 days before the beginning of each session.
* Courses will be open subject to a minimum of 9 registrations per group and per level.
No delays are accepted after the beginning of the courses.
3. Enrolment procedure
- Contact the secretariat to check that you correspond to the profile of the students accepted for each course session.
- Download and fill in the registration form (see documents opposite).
- Send the form by email and complete your file with the following documents:
- A passport photo
- Your official identity document: passport, identity card or residence permit (in pdf or photo format, legible)
- Your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and/or last university degree obtained (in pdf or photo format, readable)
- You will receive confirmation of the opening of a group of your level a week before the beginning of the course (see also the confirmation at the top of the page for each session).
You will then be able to proceed with the payment, which can only be made by bank wire transfer.
The secretariat will send you the bank details and the login details necessary for the remote connection for the online test.
The e-mail address of the secretariat can be found on the registration form. You can also contact the SUFLE secretariat via our Contact Form ("Stages / cours du soir" section).
The totality of the registration fees must be paid at the beginning of the courses.
3. Prices 2020/2021
For each 20-hour course session:
- 250 € individuals external to Aix-Marseille University (AMU)
- 200 € individuals registered in AMU (students, staff...) and groups of 10 or more people**
** For group rates, make a request through the contact form, selecting "Cours pour organismes".