You are a foreigner and French is not your mother tongue, you want to learn French or improve your knowledge of French, do not hesitate, come to SUFLE d'Aix-en-Provence.
Our university department, the SUFLEwill welcome you for a month, a semester or an academic year, with its teachers, all specialists, ready to help you discover the richness of the French language and culture. The SUFLE proposes in particular:
- Full-time training courses during the semester or year
- Short intensive courses during the winter (January) and summer (June to September)
- Evening courses for employees or researchers
- French courses for foreign doctoral students
1. full-time French course
The SUFLE full-time French courses are aimed at all non-French-speaking foreign adults, from complete beginners to experienced users who hold a secondary school leaving exam (diploma giving access to university). They take place either over a semester or over the academic year and give access to the University Diploma (DU) in "French Language and Culture" and include 18 hours per week of language courses and thematic workshops, distributed differently according to levels. Additional workshops (2 or 3 hours/week) are available as an option. At the end of each semester, students receive a transcript and possibly a diploma (DU).
1.2 Rates 2018/2019
One semester*: 1450 € / Two semesters*: 2400 €
Additional workshop (during the semester): 150 € (2h) and 225 € (3h)
* Reduced rates for organizations registering 10 or more people (contact us in advance)
1.3 Asylum seekers/refugees
SUFLE offers a reception and language support system with exemption (free training) for asylum seekers and refugees wishing to enter a university course at AMU. The capacity is about thirty students per semester, subject to selection on file. Only one application session per year is organised in June.
- See the document "Refugee files/asylum seekers".
1.4 Procedures, timetable and practical information
For all the practical information on how these courses are run, visit the SUFLE website:
2. Intensive winter and summer internships
Summer intensive courses are open to any non-French-speaking foreign adult who has obtained an equivalent of the French Baccalaureate (exam giving access to university), or any higher diploma. They are intended for French learners from beginner level (with at least one level A1 acquired, complete beginners are not accepted) to advanced level. Each session includes:
- 20h/week of French language courses (general FLE) and thematic workshops
- Visits and excursions to the city of Aix-en-Provence and the region
- 20 students maximum per group
2.2 2018 Rates
3 weeks: 825 € / 4 weeks: 1 100 €
Reduced rates for groups (more than 10 people) or multiple registrations (several courses in the summer).
2.3 Procedures, timetable and practical information
For all the practical information on the progress of these courses, visit the SUFLE website:
3. Evening classes for the general public
These courses are open to all adults (students, employees or other) who are not French-speaking and who hold at least one equivalent of a bachelor's degree (high school diploma).
- They take place over 10-week sessions
- They concern the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
N.B. SUFLE also offers evening courses for students in international exchange programs, which give rise to 6 ECTS credits. For more information, contact SUFLE.
3.2 2018/2019 Rates
250 € (20 hours of lessons). 50 € discount for AMU users.
3.3 Procedures, timetable and practical information
For all the practical information on how these courses are run, visit the SUFLE website web page:
4. other training courses
4.1 Internships proposed to organizations/groups
Upon specific request by organizations (universities outside AMU, agencies, companies...), internships can be organized by SUFLE during the academic year. Contact SUFLE for more information.
4.2 Courses for students in AMU components
- SUFLE organizes "tailor-made courses" for AMU components (mainly Masters), during the academic year or summer. For any information on these courses, contact SUFLE directly.
- Courses for doctoral students are also organised in two sessions per year (from November to February and from April to June). For more information, see the doctoral college's training page.
4.3 Training of trainers
SUFLE offers training courses for trainers for teachers of French abroad who wish to improve their practices in different areas of French language teaching. See the Training of trainers of SUFLE page.
More details on the SUFLE website: https://sufle.univ-amu.fr/
Building T3 Door
29, avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
- Reception/schooling: office 2.13 (2nd floor)
Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 23 - Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 17 (spoken English)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am-12.15pm and 1.45pm-5.30pm
- Examination Centre: Suite 2.12 (2nd floor)
Tel +33(0)4 13 55 55 32 20/26 (spoken English)
Timetable: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:30am-12pm and 2pm-4:30pm; Wednesday: 9:30am-12:30pm