News Europe/H2020 at AMU
1. Latest results of Horizon 2020 (2020-2021) and AMU ranking at the French level
AMU confirms its position as 2nd French university in terms of grants obtained within the framework of Horizon 2020, with more than €69.5M obtained
The provisional processing of the latest data processed by MESRI also indicates that the University is the 9th French academic participant and the 12th French beneficiary (academic and non-academic).
More than 25 projects were accepted in 2020, including five coordinations by an AMU team. Here are the latest results:
- CIVIS3iCOFUND MArie Sklodovska Curie project for the recruitment of 32 Post-Docs - 10 of them at AMU. See theannouncement on the AMU website
- Marie Sklodoska Curie Individual Scholarships:
-GRETA, project of Paolo Tomasseti who will join the CDS in Alexis Bugada's team.
- MUMDUPSC, project of Leslie Caron who will join MMG in Frédérique Magdinier's team.
- StorAIGE, ECSEL collaborative project, led by Jean-Michel Portal (IM2NP)
- HoliSoil, a collaborative project of the Défi Environnement, led by Mathieu Santonja (IMBE)
- EURO-CGT, a collaborative project of the Health Challenge, led by Aurélie Mahalatchimy (DICE)
- MINKE, collaborative project on a research infrastructure, including the participation of Dominique Lefevre (MIO).
- Coordination of the project RIS4CIVISH2020 of the European CIVIS Alliance, run by the Research and Development Directorate (Philippe Delaporte)
See the dedicatedarticle on the AMU website and the Press Release.
- VPP4ISLANDSA collaborative project of the Energy Challenge, coordinated by Seifeddine Ben Elghali (LIS).
More information on these projects: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The teams of the site mobilized at the European level against Coronavirus with the participation in 6 projects funded by Horizon 2020
AMU is the French university with the highest number of European projects dedicated to COVID-19 .
The university won six projects in response to the calls for proposals. COVID launched by the European Commission and to thecall launched by the Joint Technology Initiative " Innovative Medicine" (IMI JU) 2020, of which a coordination:
- Cordial-S:"Portable and fast surface plasmon resonance point-of-caretest for COVID-19", Collaborative project involving Alain Roussel (AFMB)
- KRONOEvaluation of a production ready portable, Point-of-Nedd Platform (instrument and reagents), direct from nasal swab test for the molecular diagnostic detection of COVID-19 infection", Collaborative project coordinated by Rémi Charrel (UVE)
- CARE: "Coron Accelerated R&D in Europe", collaborative project involving Bruno Canard (AFMB).
- SCORE: "Swift COronavirus therapeutic REsponse", Collaborative research project of the "Health" Challenge, Bruno Canard (AFMB).
- CONVAT:In "Combating 2019-nCoV: Advanced Nanobiosensing platforms for POC global diagnostics and surveillance". Collaborative research project of the "Health" Challenge, Rémi Charrel and Bruno Coutard (UVE).
- RiPCoN: "Rapidinteractionprofilingof2019-nCoVfornetwork-baseddeepdrug-repurposelearning", Collaborative research project of the "Health" Challenge, Christian Brun (TAGC) - Managed by INSERM
The European Commission has published a summary of projects supported since H2020 related to this epidemic. There are in particular three projects carried out by the UVE team: the project The European Virus Archive - GLOBAL (EVA-GLOBAL ) coordinated by this laboratory and the two projects in partnership. PREPARE and ZAPI.
Reminder: The EC has created a page dedicated to Coronavirus news on the Funding Portal - the European Research Area (ARA) Corona Platform
Our H2020 projects
To date, 110 projects were acceptedfor more than 69.5 million of grants obtained. Some results are still pending to have an overall assessment of Horizon 2020, however, these results are clearly improving compared to the FP7 programme, exceeding the budgets obtained under the previous programming and the number of projects (106 projects for € 36.6M of subsidies obtained over the entire framework programme).
More information on current projects: email@example.com
In addition, AMU confirms its position as the second French university in terms of grants obtained on H2020 (MESRI data based on eCORDA) and its first French university in the H2020 "Health" programme.
Aix Marseille has 41 laureates in the Horizon 2020 ERC programme hosted in a unit on the site.
More information on these winners, their projects and publications: HAL CERClepages
and page The CIRCLE .
The site's initiatives to increase participation in the program
|To better accompany you in your steps||
Would you like to collaborate with a team from the Aix Marseille site within the framework of research programs? Are you looking for scientific, technical or technological skills? You wish to come to AMU with European funding (research mobility programmes or ERC)?
|Reinforce the participation of the site's research teams||
The university has set up an ambitious and proactive policy to support the scientists of the establishment to participate in this programme, led by the Directorate of Research and Development with the assistance of the AMU representative office to the European institutions in Brussels and the Protisvalor subsidiary on engineering and management of Horizon 2020 projects.
|Building on our successes at ERC||
AMU pilots theThe Circle Initiative–European Research Council Laureates' Club of the Aix-Marseille sitein conjunction with the partners of the Aix-Marseille site, in order to promote a site policy to support applications from teacher-researchers and researchers to the ERC (European Research Council) programme, a strong marker of scientific excellence.
Horizon Europe (2021-2027)
Horizon Europe takes over from H2020...
The Work Programmes covering the first two years of Horizon Europe are being finalised.
The university community of Aix-Marseille, involved since its creation in the various European framework programmes, is a driving force contributing to the quality, competitiveness and attractiveness of the European research and innovation landscape.
More information :
- Internal summary documents on TIME, the contents of the first calls for proposals (Work Programmes 2021-2022) are available on theHorizon Europe Intranet.
- A new cycle of internal training courses is organised in the first half of 2021 on this next programme (registration on Sygefor, Research Support Business Line).
As part of theThe Circle InitiativeInformation sessions on the individual 1st and 3rd pillar calls were organised in November 2020.
- Position Paper The AMU report published in 2018 on the future framework programme inFrenchand inEnglish.
- European Alliance CIVIS: RIS4CIVIS - the research component of CIVIS
- Céline Damon, Head of the Europe Research Cell
- Karl Stoeckel, Head of Representation to the European Institutions
- Strategy, Detection, Lobbying, Awareness Raising
Research and Development Department
Europe Research Unit
- Celine Damon
Development of European R&D Projects
- Nicolas Gochgarian
CIVIS Research section:
- Julie Hyzewicz (RIS4CIVIS)
- Alice Novello (RIS4CIVIS)
Horizon Europe Intranet site: work programme summaries, toolbox and support documents.
Operational support (project set-up and management):
European Contracts Department
- Johanna Kabadanian
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org