SUFLE offers training courses for trainers for French teachers, in France and/or abroad, who wish to become part of a professionalization process.
SUPFLES 2020 Summer School: Creative practices in FFL class
These trainings for trainers allow you to reflect with other FLE/S actors and to improve your practices in different fields of FLE/S didactics. They are provided by FLES trainers trainers from Aix-Marseille University, as part of a collaboration between FLES teachers from SUFLE and lecturers from the Department of Didactics of the FLE or another component of the University of Aix-Marseille (AMU), all specialized in certain fields of didactics.
The Aix-en-Provence region offers a particularly rich setting for this summer university with the opportunity to discover the city and Provençal culture and enjoy their cultural and artistic attractions: cafés, open-air markets, architecture, Provençal gastronomy, museums and other cathedrals but also lavender fields and vineyards, mountains and sea, with Marseille 25 kilometres away.
July is also the festival season, with the Avignon theatre festival, the Arles photography festival and the Aix opera festival.
2. Pedagogical objectives and contents
2.1 Admission requirements
- To be a French as a foreign language teacher outside France, whether in a primary, secondary, university, institutional, associative or private education context. The SUPFLES course is open primarily to teachers from abroad but also to teachers who teach in France.
2.2 Recommended prerequisites
- Master's degree in FLE didactics or, failing that, proven experience in teaching FLE internationally. Level B2/C1 in French.
2.3 Training objectives
- Enroll the trainee teacher in a professionalization process that allows him/her to reflect on his/her pedagogical practices with other FLE actors and to improve his/her practices in different fields of French as a foreign language or second language (FLES) didactics.
- To deepen a theme specific to FLES didactics (for example, creativity in French as a foreign language class) through different perspectives (writing, theatre, visual arts, etc.).
- Emphasize the link between theory and practice by involving practitioners and researchers.
2.4 Teaching team
- Teachers of the SUFLE (PRCE, PRAG, MCF) and the ALLSH FLE Didactics Department (MCF, PU)
Detailed program of the SUPFLES Summer University soon available.
Dates: July 6-17, 2020
Registration: within the limit of available places (20 places).
As for its previous edition, the 2020 Summer School is entirely devoted to creative practices in French as a foreign language (FLE/S) classes. Games in language classes, writing workshops, theatre practices, photo or film projects, all motivating educational approaches that encourage the pleasure of learning the foreign language and in which the learner can express his or her identity, develop his or her talents and have a freer relationship with the target language.
The theme of creativity is addressed through a series of modules from different perspectives. The aim is to emphasize the link between theory and practice by involving practitioners and researchers in a collaborative effort.
The SUPFLES Summer School will take place in July in Aix-en-Provence and will include:
- 40 hours of training on creative practices in French as a foreign language (writing, theatre, arts, etc.)
(possibility to follow only one of the two weeks)
- one afternoon outing per week by bus in Provence (lavender fields, Provençal culture)
- a night cultural outing (at this time of year, the region is rich in festivals, including the Avignon theatre festival, the Aix-en-Provence opera festival and the Arles photography festival).
- A certificate will be issued at the end of the internship.
4. Prices and practical information
More information coming soon here.
To request details on the organization and content of the training, contact the SUFLE office.
5. Registration procedures
6. Tailor-made training courses
Training of trainers over other periods can also take place on the AMU site (tailor-made training or training courses over periods set by the SUFLE calendar). They can also be given at the foreign institution that requests them (from spring 2020, subject to validation by AMU). A catalogue of the different modules will be available here soon.
Building T3 Porte
29, avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence cedex 1
Reception/student affairs: office 2.13 (2nd floor)
Tel. +33 (0)4 13 55 32 23 / +33 (0)4 13 55 32 17 (English spoken)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am-12.15pm and 1.45pm-5.30pm