An International Partnership Diploma (IPD) covers different types of collaboration between AMU and one or more foreign institutions with a view to either issuing a double or multiple diploma (s), or a joint diploma, or relocating AMU training within a partner institution.
As part of the new training offer, nine components of Aix-Marseille University offer 7 bachelor's degrees, 38 master's degrees and an engineering diploma in international partnership: ALLSH/FDSP/FEG/IAE/IMPGT/OSU/PHARMACIE/POLYTECH/SCIENCES.
These courses of excellence allow AMU students to study in one or more foreign universities, for one or more semesters, on a continuous or multiple basis.
At the end of their training, students obtain both the AMU diploma and the diploma(s) from the partner university(s) (in the case of double, triple and multiple degrees).
In the case of a joint degree, students obtain a single scroll bearing the seal of each partner institution and signed by the legal representative of each partner institution.
In addition, AMU training can be relocated to a partner institution located in a foreign country. The training is identical to that provided by AMU, and developed in close collaboration with AMU regarding the implementation, organization and follow-up of the training.
AMU partner countries for all 46 IPRs:
- Bahrain (offshore master's degree)
- Cambodia (delocalized master)
- United Kingdom (Scotland, England)
2. What are the terms of the partnerships?
The partner institutions formalize together in an agreement the content of the courses, the methods of recruitment and selection of students (level and diplomas required for eligibility for partnership, level in languages required), the evaluation of students, etc...), the methods of enrolment of students.
AMU and the partner institution(s) undertake to ensure that the programme set up and the national diplomas resulting from it:
- are in line with the European Credit Allocation Standards (ECTS);
- are recognised at national level and allow access to employment or further education in each of the countries concerned.
Concerned about the quality of its IPRs that contribute to its influence throughout the world, AMU has adopted a Charter that provides for a biennial assessment (pedagogical, organizational, financial) before the CFVU.
The biennial review of all international partnership degrees for the years 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 was examined by a commission composed of elected experts from the CFVU and IR officers and co-chaired by the Vice-President for International Relations and the Vice-President for Training.
This review commission proposed to the CFVU on 7 February 2019 that the 8 diplomas rated A+ by the two experts (elected CFVU + RI project manager) for the quality of their partnership and the paths followed by the students be rewarded by the institution and recognised as DPI starred. They will be promoted in conjunction with DIRCOM:
- Article in the AMU letter,
- Testimonials from students who have benefited from the partnership in the form of video clips,
- Priority of these IPRs for the award of mobility grants (students/teachers and BIATTS) as part of the next mobility plan campaign.
3. List of the 8 starred IPRs rated A+ : nuggets within AMU
- ALLSH: Bachelor's degree in History, double degree with the University of Tubïngen in Germany;
- ALLSH: Master "Arts", type course "Cultural mediation of the arts" double degree with the University of Hildesheim in Germany;
- ALLSH : Master "History, civilization, heritage" double degree with the University of Tubïngen ;
- ALLSH : Master's degree in "Foreign and regional languages, literature and civilizations", type of course "Franco-German intercultural studies", double degree with the University of Tubïngen ;
- FDSP: Master "International and European Law" type course "Humanitarian Action and Law" (NOHA ERASMUS MUNDUS), double degree with the University of Bilbao in Spain / Ruhr University in Bochum in Germany / University College Dublin in Ireland / Catholic University of Louvain in Belgium / Uppsala University in Sweden / University of Groningen in the Netherlands / University of Warsaw in Poland / University of Copenhagen in Denmark / University of Malta;
- IMPGT: Master's degree in "Public Management", typical course in "Management of Public Administrations", double degree with the University of Sherbrooke in Canada;
- IMPGT: Master "Public Management", Master of Public Management course, relocation to Bahrain in partnership with the Bahrain Institute of Public Administration (BIPA);
- SCIENCES: Master "Mechanical Physics Engineering" double degree with the University of Ferrara in Italy.