The SUL (SUFLE) examination centre organises an annual session of the DALF C1 (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française)
The DALF, Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française, is an internationally recognized certification. It is an official diploma in French, issued by the French Ministry of Education, to certify competence in French at an advanced level (see the levels of the European Framework of Reference for Languages). It is valid for an unlimited period of time (for life).
It is intended for any foreign or French candidate from a non-French speaking country (and not holding a French secondary or higher education diploma), over 16 years old, wishing to upgrade their French language skills for personal or professional purposes.
SUL (SUFLE) is the examination centre approved by France Education international for the DALF for the Académie d'Aix-Marseille.
Our examination centre only organises sessions for the DALF level C1. For the other levels of the diploma, see the list of other approved centres of France Education international.
2. 2022/2023 calendar
The SUL (SUFLE) examination centre organises a single session of the DALF C1 each year, in May.
Group tests: Friday, May 26th, 2023
from 9.00 am to 1.15 pm - Room to be confirmed
Individual oral test: By individual covocation, on May 25th ou 26th, 2023*
(candidates cannot choose the date)
From April 17th to 28th 2023, subject to availability
Fee: 130 €
* INFORMATION :
- The group tests (written and oral comprehension and written expression) are always held in the morning. Candidates must arrive 30 minutes before the start of the tests (notice to attend at 8.30 a.m.).
- Candidates cannot choose the date and time of the individual oral test. Individual convocations are posted on this site (Cf. Documents to download) and at the SUFLE at the latest the day before the group tests.
3. Conditions of registration
Candidates must be over 16 years old (although it is recommended to be at least 17 years old, considering the topics of the exam subjects).
Registration is only possible on the dates indicated in the calendar (no early registration will be accepted).
Registration is to be made remotely
Documents to be sent to the secretariat of the examination centre (address on the registration form):
- The registration form (Cf. Documents to download)
- A copy of your identity card
- 2 stamped envelopes (to be brought on the day of the oral test):
- 1 standard (small) for the results
- 1 size A4 envelope for registered mail with prepaid acknowledgement of receipt (envoi recommandé avec accusé de réception). Note your name and address on the envelope and fill in the registered letter form (to be collected from a post office)
- Candidates under 18 years of age must also provide a parental authorisation.
Payment of registration fees :
- After validation of your registration request by the secretariat, you will receive a message indicating the terms of payment.
ATTENTION: only payments by bank (wire) transfer or by bank check will be possible for this session.
- Once your payment is validated, you will receive your registration certificate.
The results are generally available between 2 and 3 weeks after the tests. A certificate of success or a transcript of marks (in case of failure) is then issued.
Diplomas are available approximately 2 months after the tests.
The results will be sent by post in the envelopes brought by the candidates.
If you would like someone else to collect your results or your diploma for you, please give them a proxy.
5. Preparing for the DALF C1
5.1 DALF C1 Preparation Course
Each year, we organise one or more preparation courses for the DALF C1 exam. See the information on the DALF C1 preparation course page.
5.2 Further information to get ready for the DALF C1 exam
For more information on this diploma and the exams, please consult the France Education international website
You will also find bibliographical information (textbooks / reference books).
To find out your level, you can use these self-assessment grids (using the CEFR): in French, English or Spanish.
A few websites to practice online:
SUL examination centre - FLE section
Aix Marseille University
Building Porte T3, Office 2.14 (2nd floor)
29 avenue Robert Schuman
13621 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 1
Tel: 04 13 55 32 20
Public reception : Only by appointment