Today we are in a health crisis situation, in France and around the world. All of AMU's educational teams are working to ensure educational continuity in this context and to guarantee you the best possible access to training.
1. Closure of the university
Until when is the university closed?
The University is closed to the public from March 16 until further notice. No students will be admitted on all campuses (including university libraries and laboratories, unless otherwise stated).
How will I be kept informed of the evolution of the situation?
Through your university messaging system, via the university website and via social networks.
2. Pedagogical continuity
How will the courses take place during the closed period?
Classes can no longer be held in person. Each component is organized in the best possible way to offer you adapted teaching methods. Please refer to your training manager.
What pedagogical continuity for our students who are abroad?
There are two solutions:
- If pedagogical continuity is ensured at a distance in the host institution, the student will continue his or her courses there.
- If no pedagogical continuity is planned or possible, the pedagogical managers will offer you an alternative solution.
Find all the information on the FAQ dedicated to mobility.
Will the face-to-face exams for the next few weeks be held?
NO. Until further notice, the exams are postponed. More precise information concerning the organization or the postponement of the exams will be made available to the students very quickly by your components.
I am disabled, how can I obtain accommodation for exams during the closed period?
The services of the SIUMPPS and the Student Life Offices remain mobilized and can be reached by email. Find all their useful addresses on the following links:
I have received an invitation to take a survey to evaluate my training, do I have to answer?
YES. Some courses are almost finished, so the campaign is maintained in some cases. Once the collection is completed, all the opinions collected from students will be compiled and sent to the training managers, with a view to continuous improvement. Thank you in advance for your participation!
3. 3. The setting in a professional situation
I am currently on an internship, what are the instructions?
Teleworking is always the modality to be favoured for all the activities entrusted to the trainee, except by way of derogation, the internships contributing to the fight against the COVID-19 virus.
However, the resumption of face-to-face internships as of June 2, 2020, is authorized under certain conditions: you must express your voluntary work in writing via the form and your host organization must agree to comply with the national deconfinement protocol and, where appropriate, the associated job descriptions.
This authorization only concerns internships in France, not abroad. It does not include health students whose internships are governed by special terms and conditions.
The modification of the conditions of the internship requires the drafting of an amendment to the initial internship agreement. Below are the new models of endorsements:
- for students registered at AMU (outgoing internship): rider (French)
- for those coming from another institution (incoming internship): rider (french) - rider (English)
Is my internship bonus maintained?
If you carry out the activities in telework, the bonus under the conditions provided for in the internship agreement is maintained.
Any period during which the course is suspended will not give rise to the payment of a bonus. Also, if the traineeship resumes after a suspension, you will again be entitled to the payment of the bonus provided for in the agreement.
If you encounter financial difficulties, more information on COVID19- Exceptional assistance for students
My internship hasn't started yet?
You should contact your host organization to find out if they can accommodate you for teleworking and/or face-to-face meetings.
In fact, face-to-face internships are authorised from 2 June 2020 under certain conditions:
- you must express your volunteering in writing, by filling in the attached form and completing the new AMU type internship agreement, available on Ipro (or by contacting your school) ;
- your host organization must commit to respecting the national deconfinement protocol and, if applicable, the associated job descriptions and ensure that all safety conditions are met for your reception.
Face-to-face training courses are only authorized in France, not abroad. They do not concern health students, whose internships are governed by special terms and conditions.
I'm a work-study student, what are the instructions?
Alternating students are subject to the same rules as employees: teleworking or partial activity if the company offers it.
In case of pedagogical continuity during the planned time of training in the establishment, you can, unless otherwise advised by the company, follow the training from home under the conditions defined by the training establishment. If your company would like you to be present on its premises, it must give you the time and means necessary to guarantee pedagogical continuity.
Your training manager will let you know if you are in a situation of pedagogical continuity or not.
I'm a student in a gap year, what are the instructions?
You must get in touch with your host organization to see if the mission can take place in telework and if not, interrupt the activity until the end of the confinement. In any case, you must inform your pedagogical referent (cf. agreement signed with the university).
If the break takes place abroad, we strongly advise you to organise your return to France as soon as possible and to follow the recommendations mentioned in the AMU FAQ for international students.
If you encounter material and financial difficulties following the interruption or postponement of the bonus caesura, we invite you to contact the CROUS social workers in order to receive occasional assistance.
Is the spring caesura campaign being maintained?
YES. The deadline for sending applications has been extended to 31/05 (instead of 07/05).
For more information on how to apply, click here.here
4. Applications for AMU 2020-2021 courses
Parcoursup : Is the calendar modified ?
NO. The calendar is maintained. The admission phase will start on 19/05/2020.
Following the cancellation of the written baccalaureate tests, candidates will be able to receive admission proposals without interruption throughout the admission phase (no suspension of admission proposals between 17 and 24/06/2020).
The opening of the complementary phase is brought forward to 16/06 instead of 25/06.
Parcoursup: For the selective trainings, I have an interview, but I can't come, what can I do?
The exam modalities have been reorganized and are specific to each training course. An email was sent to you to alert you of these changes.
The Parcoursup Frequently Asked Questions is regularly updated, click on this link to consult it: https://www.parcoursup.fr/index.php?desc=covid19
E-candidate : Is the calendar modified?
The calendar will be adapted according to each situation.
E-candidate : I have technical problems to compile my file, who should I contact?
The online help services on the application answer your questions, do not hesitate to contact them.
International Student Applications (Studying in France and outside of France): Is the schedule changed?
The application calendar for international students, via the The procedure for Studying in France (EeF) and outside EeF is arranged as follows:
- For the White and Green Preliminary Admission Applications (white and green DAPs), the deadlines are extended: to June 15, 2020 for the university's answers and to June 30, 2020 for the student's decision.
- For Non DAP applications (Bachelor 2 to Master 2 level): the deadline for decisions by the institutions is extended to July 6 and the deadline for decisions by students is extended to July 17.
5. Student life and campus life
Are all campus life events cancelled?
Events scheduled for March, April or May are cancelled and/or postponed (see list on AMU website).
FSDIE: my association has applied for a grant from the FDSIE Projects commission, will it be paid to us?
YES, if your application had received a favourable opinion. If your project is cancelled and you have incurred expenses, you will need to provide invoices to your OAI.
FSDIE: I have applied for financial aid from the FDSIE Social Commission, will it be paid to me?
YES, if your application had received a favourable opinion, but the processing time is a little longer.
COVID 19: what support for students?
- New aid for students from 12 May onwards
- Assistance for students on work placements abroad :
- Contact: email@example.com
- Assistance for students whose internship has been postponed or cancelled :
- For more information: Covid19-student employment support
- Medico-social assistance :
- Contact: SIUMPPS :
- Contact: DEVE/BVE/Mission Handicap :
- Contact: CROUS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital Divide Help :
- Contact: DEVE/PVE: email@example.com
- Food aid :
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do the CROUS ensure the continuity of their services?
On the link below you will find the consequences of the current context on the activities of the Crous (financial aid, social support, catering and accommodation).
6. Candidates for Caesura
7. Students in international mobility at AMU
Need for help
Health service for students, doctors and psychologists:
Tel : 04 13 94 27 77
Financial or material problems related to the internship and/or the digital divide?
Tel : 04 13 94 27 94
Application for social assistance:
Tel : 04 42 91 30 20
Emergency number: Victims of violence, harassment, need for assistance...
All useful numbers can be found here
To go further?
All the student services of Aix-Marseille University remain mobilized despite the closure and the constraint of confinement.
- The Student Life and Disability Mission Offices
- The SIUMPPS - Inter-University Service for Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion
- The DRI - Direction des Relations Internationales - for international or mobile students
- BU - University Libraries
Need help? Victims of violence, harassment, need for assistance... All useful numbers: https://www.univ-amu.fr/node/3530