Presentation and objectives of the call for projects
In accordance with the new roadmap 3.0 of the A*MIDEX Excellence Initiative (2021-2024), the A*Midex Foundation is launching its fifth call for proposals for the Chairs of Excellence programme. The ambition of Aix-Marseille University and its partners, through this programme, is to attract to the Aix-Marseille site outstanding teachers, researchers and scholars of international standing, on structuring projects contributing to the strategy of the University and its partners.
The general objectives of the Chairs of Excellence are to
- To enable the Aix-Marseille site to carry out strategic recruitment of external scientific/educational profiles, capable of carrying out innovative projects (in research and teaching), to develop new themes, or to reinforce the excellence of the site in a given theme;
- To recruit excellent / high -level teachers, teacher-researchers and researcherson the Aix-Marseille site, with the capacity to obtain an ERC on the Aix-Marseille site within the next 5 years;
- Attract and recruit ERC laureates to the site (specific ERC laureate component)
- To amplify the long-term impact by encouraging subsequent stabilization. For teachers and researchers, this requires real integration from the outset, particularly through teaching, by ensuring that the project is owned by the component and the research unit, and by guaranteeing opportunities for stabilization before the end of the project or at the end of it. For researcher profiles, the research unit should provide support, particularly for EPST competitions.
- Promote the academic career of teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers with disabilities
Who can apply?
The call for applications aims to attract teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers of international standing from outside the Aix-Marseille site.
- Teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers
- Teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers who have been awarded an ERC
- Teachers, teacher-researchers and researchers with disabilities (1 reserved position)
What does the Chair of Excellence program fund?
The Chairs of Excellence programme offers an attractive environment for carrying out a research and/or teaching project: this may include the salary of the project leader for three years (renewable for two years under certain conditions), and an environment (operation, payroll of a research team, investment) of up to 200,000 €/year ( or 150,000 €/year for ERC Chairs of Excellence).
How to apply?
The first step is to submit your application on theonline form according to the procedures defined in the call's framework text.
The job offer is published on Academic Position and Euraxess. A full description of the programme and its expectations (objectives, application procedures, timetable, selection stages, useful contacts) is given in the Guide for Applicants.
For applications submitted by units, components or schools of the Aix-Marseille site, find the targeted call for proposals on the page :https://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/chaires-dexcellence-2021-appel-projet-cible
Receipt of applications in the first stage before 30 September 2021 at noon (Paris time). (see the framework text for the different selection and recruitment stages)
Provisional start of the Chairs of Excellence projects between October 2022 and March 2023.
Receipt of applications for ERC Chairs of Excellence on an ongoing basis.
Online offer Academic Position:https://academicpositions.com/ad/aix-marseille-universite/2021/full-time-endowed-chairs/159697
Online application: online form
A*Midex page of attractiveness measures: Chairs of Excellence measures
A*Midex page for targeted projects :https://www.univ-amu.fr/fr/public/chaires-dexcellence-2021-appel-projet-cible
Page A*Midex winners of previous years: winners of previous calls
Project Manager, Attractiveness and Internationalization of the A*Midex Foundation
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 04 13 94 94 75
>> your questions will be answered before July 26th or after August 26th <<