To promote the international dimension of doctoral training in the field of human and social sciences (SHS), Aix-Marseille University has set up since 2015 a programme to finance thesis projects in partnership with Casa de Velázquez (CdV) and the French school in Rome (EFR). This funding program, coordinated by the Doctoral College (CD), is open to doctoral schools in the SHS sector. As such, two doctoral contracts are used as support for the financing of thesis projects within the framework of this program, one doctoral contract per partner.
The thesis project must fall within one of the research areas developed by the international partner.
- Thesis project: in addition to the description of the thesis project, mention how this subject fits into its working environment, i.e. is it an emerging research theme within the research unit or not? is there risk-taking? is it part of a multidisciplinary and/or international context? ; In which research axis does the partner (Cdv or EFR) carry out the thesis project?
- Working environment: in addition to the thesis supervisor (Thesis Director(s), Research Unit), mention whether the research work is part of a broader framework, for example within the framework of a partnership (EPST, Industries, associations, etc.) and whether this partnership is accompanied by co-financing, etc;
- Student candidate: in addition to the application form, mention the suitability of the thesis project and the candidate profile.
- Additional information: Casa de Velázquez, the French school in Rome
Holders of "International SHS Partnership" thesis projects must use this file as a support for the description of their project. The document converted into PDF format must then be submitted, together with the file of the future doctoral candidate proposed for the thesis project, on the CD website after filling in the various fields requested in the application for submission. To access the deposit application you must click on "login" from the "Direct access" tab at the top right of this page.
File of the future doctoral candidate
It must consist of a single file in PDF format including:
- Motivation letter (mentioning the professional project after the thesis)
- Transcript of grades Bachelor's degree - Master's degree and copy of diplomas
Project leaders must inform their team leaders and the director of the attached ED of their project before it is posted on the CD website.
Calendar of events
The calendar for the call for thesis "International SHS Partnership" is closed for the year 2018.