Aix-Marseille University was one of the first French universities accredited to award the Diplôme d'Etat d'Infirmier en pratique avancée (DE IPA) in October 2018.
Date: Friday, October 25, 2019 at 2pm
Location: Maurice TOGA Conference Room - Faculty of Medical and Paramedical Sciences - Timone Sector - 27, boulevard Jean Moulin - 13005 Marseille
Aix-Marseille University is pleased to graduate 35 nurses in advanced practices, in the presence of :
- Simone Bonnafous, Provisional Administrator of Aix-Marseille University,
- Georges Leonetti, Dean of the Faculty of Medical and Paramedical Sciences,
- Stéphane LE BOULER, Project Manager for the Universitarisation of Paramedical and Maieutic Training at the Ministry of Solidarity and Health - Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation,
- Philippe De MESTER, Director General of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Regional Health Agency,
- Philippe BERBIS, Vice-Dean for the Paramedical Professions, Faculty of Medical and Paramedical Sciences,
- Sébastien COLSON, Director of the School of Nursing, Faculty of Medical and Paramedical Sciences,
- Professor Yvon BERLAND, Honorary President of Aix-Marseille University, guest of honour.
Introduced at the beginning of the 2018 academic year, this Master's degree programme trains nurses in the fields of intervention and activities of advanced practice nurses (IPA), as defined by Decree No. 2018-629 of 18 July 2018. It is accessible to holders of a State diploma in nursing (or a European equivalent).
The IPA has broader powers than those of a state-registered nurse, who is involved in the overall management of patients, whose follow-up is entrusted by a doctor: request and prescription of additional examinations (imaging and biology), prescription, prescription renewal and dosage adjustment of certain treatments, performance of certain procedures without medical prescription. The IPA's role is to provide its expertise and participate, in conjunction with the professionals involved in patient care, in the organization of the care pathway.