Éric Berton, President of Aix-Marseille University (AMU), will sign on Friday 14 February the Charter for Gender Equality in Business, promoted by the NGO Business Professional Women (BPW). This commitment, which many other signatories have also made, illustrates the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) policy carried by Éric Berton for Aix-Marseille University.
Friday, February 14 at 11:30 a.m.
MuCEM, 1 esplanade J4, 13002 Marseille
The signatories of the charter commit themselves to : - To work for effective professional equality, including in management bodies;
- Treat men and women equally at work ;
- Acting against discrimination and sexist statements ;
- Promote education, training and professional development of women ;
- Promote respect for women by encouraging their contribution in all of the company's business lines and areas of action ;
- Promote equality among the company's partners, and in communication in general ;
- Measuring and reporting on progress towards gender equality.
As a major public player in its territory, Aix-Marseille University is committed to the major challenges facing our society. As a responsible university, AMU has drawn up its own charter for equality between women and men, as well as a charter of LGBTI commitment, and carries out concrete actions to fight against all forms of discrimination in training, research, personnel management and the promotion of AMU's policy.
The fight against sexual harassment and all forms of violence and discrimination is also a priority. A prevention mechanism exists and a unique number allows victims to anonymously report inappropriate attitudes.