The Cité du Livre or the Méjanes Library is a recognized cultural and meeting place and often organizes cultural events, as well as the Michel Vovelle space, where its heritage collections and the municipal archives of the city of Aix-en-Provence are located.
Friday, January 21, 2022
- 6:30 pm Espace Michel Vovelle, 25 Allée de Philadelphie, Aix-en-Provence
- 7:30 pm Amphithéâtre de la Verrière, 10 rue des Allumettes, Aix-en-Provence
On the evening of January 21, 2022, the two exhibitions of the painter Philippe Guesdon will be inaugurated:
- at 6:30 pm at the Espace Michel Vovelle for Fragments des Heures, a work by the artist based on an incunabulum held by the library
- at 7:30 pm at the Amphithéâtre de la Verrière for Réminiscences, a retrospective of the artist's work on four other books. It is preceded by a meeting between the artist, his publisher Daniel Bry of Editions Chatoyantes and the students of the Information-Communication department, option Book Trade of the IUT of Aix-Marseille University.
Actors and partners :
- Mr. Philippe Guesdon, artist-painter
- Mr. Philippe Ferrand, curator of the heritage department of the Méjanes Library
- Mrs. Aurélie Bosc, deputy director of digital, heritage and municipal archives of the Méjanes Library
- Mr. Daniel Bry, editor at Éditions Chatoyantes
- Students from the department of book and heritage professions (BUT, DUT, professional degree in library and bookshop)
This ceremony is subject to the sanitary gestures in force.