Innovation: signature of a memorandum of understanding between Aix-Marseille Université and the Ministerial Delegation for Artificial Intelligence (DMIA)
Friday, February 12, 2021
Aix-Marseille Université (AMU) and the Ministerial Delegation for Artificial Intelligence (DMIA) are initiating a three-year collaboration (2021-2023) for regional development in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) through the creation of specialised training courses, in particular. A draft agreement was signed on 12 February in a restricted committee and in the presence of Éric Berton, President of AMU, Romain Laffont, vice-president of partnership with the socio-economic world and director of Polytech Marseille, Ludovic Escoubas, director of AMU's "Defence and Internal Security" doctoral programme and Jean-Martin Jaspers, DMIA prefect.
A few elements of this collaboration:
- The creation of a new university master's degree to strengthen the training of AI executives for the security services of the State, companies, local authorities or private security.
- The realization of a joint study on the strategic vision of AI and security industries.
- The integration of executives and employees of the French Ministry of the Interior among the AI trainers of Aix-Marseille University.
- The organization of symposiums and seminars to exchange expertise, experiences, data sets, test procedures, fight against bias, etc.
- Working for a better integration of job seekers in administrations, local authorities, security companies on new IA professions.
- To develop exchanges of information on Artificial Intelligence in Africa and Asia.
This cooperation aims at a major change in favour of the development of Artificial Intelligence within the academic world, designating the Aix-Marseille site as a strategic player. Aix-Marseille Université is one of the first universities in France to open such a national strategic collaboration. The French positioning in the field of education, data analysis and security in the Mediterranean arc will pave the way for other university partnerships.
The signing of this agreement will be followed by a working meeting.
Following the health measures currently in force, this event will be held behind closed doors.